Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Simplifying Tags

I apologize upfront - I saw an email about how to modify tags to exclude fiction, general, and the like. I would like to greatly simplify my tags to about 10 genres, and I have a lot of books. What is the easiest way to do this? Feel free to point me to the discussion, because I know it is here, I just can't find it.

Thanks, Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Click the 'browse books by Tags' icon - the luggage tag left of the spinning jobs icon in the lower right.

The left side of the interface changes to series of disclosure lists. The last one is Tags. Click the triangle to show all of the tags currently in use in your library. If you find a tag you want to change - say Fiction-Romance to two different tags, Fiction and Romance, click that tag to show all books with that tag on the right side of the interface.

All of the books with the selected tag are shown in the interface window. Drag-select all of them, or type Ctrl/Cmd-A to select all of them.

Press 'E' to bring up the bulk metadata editor.

Type the name of the tag you want to remove in the 'Remove tags:' field, e.g, Fiction-Romance
Type the name(s) of the tags you want applied to that set of books in the 'Add tags:' field, e.g., Fiction,Romance. That will remove the 'Fiction-Romance' tag from all listed books, and add the tags 'Fiction' and 'Romance' to all listed books.

Click OK.

Rinse and repeat.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 02-04-2010 at 03:24 PM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert