Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2008, 05:58 AM   #1
sarahw2275
Connoisseur
sarahw2275 began at the beginning.

Another ? Regarding ADE....

I've just purchased a shiny new Sangria Red Sony Reader that's currently on it's way to me (stuck in customs for 4 days already!!) . Anyway, I bought it intending to buy ebook versions of all my Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator etc books as well as fiction. Has anyone bought any ADE versions of Photoshop CS3 ebooks (Sony doesn't have them in their bookstore, so I'm looking at getting them from Peachpit.com) and if so, what's the formatting like, is it readable? They're expensive ebooks, so it would be helpful to know before I go ahead, but I may just have to bite the bullet and give them a go. If I find that they're not readable is there a way to convert them to a more readable format? I don't really know anything about converting ebooks into other formats, so forgive the noob question!
TIA

Last edited by sarahw2275; 09-02-2008 at 06:29 AM.
sarahw2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:08 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Peachpit sells DRM-ridden and DRM-free PDFs. The Adobe Photoshop (for example) ebook is a "DRM-encrypted Adobe™ Reader™ PDF file", so this, and probably most of the ones you want, have DRM. The bad news is that this DRM has not been cracked, and so it is only readable by Adobe Reader (Windows) and Adobe Digital Editions. I don't recall seeing any reports on how well technical Adobe PDF ebooks display on the PRS-505, but no news may be good news in this case.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2008, 09:11 AM   #3
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Don't expect the reflow feature to work very well with this sort of books. If you're only downloading this for your PRS-505: avoid it.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote