Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-07-2017, 06:03 AM   #1
obelice
obelice began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Energy Sistem Pro HD, Icarus Illumina XL, Inkpad 2
KOReader on Kobo Aura One - One Column zoom

I am a newbie in the world of e-reader. I just bought my Kobo Aura One and installed KOReader on it.

I was wondering if it is possible to zoom to fit one column width. I read a lot of scientific pdfs with double column. It would a great option if I can zoom to fit one column with with the landscape setting. I tried one column setting with overflow with KOreader, but the texts were converted and got very messy

Is it feasible? Do I need to install certain patch or add something to KOReader?

Thanks for your tips.
obelice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:11 AM   #2
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
I know that you can with pdfs define your custom zoom, but I don't read much pdfs so I'm not sure if you'll be satisfied with this custom zoom.

There's a reason I avoid pdfs, although koreader is the best reader for pdfs at the moment.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2017, 01:55 PM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
KOReader uses http://willus.com/k2pdfopt/ as a backend for reflow which generally works quite well. If you can't get it to work right I'd recommend converting the file on your computer first. It's much faster and easier to play with the settings that way.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote