Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-23-2015, 10:21 AM   #1
Thia
Thia began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch reboot empties my Library (using Calibre)

A while back, I used Calibre to put books on my Kobo Touch and everything worked fine.
More recently, I did a factory reset on my Kobo Touch, re-installed the updates and put new books on it using Calibre. Once disconnected, the books were on the device and I could read them fine... until I turned off and on my Kobo Touch.
On the home screen, it shows I have 6 books in my Library, like it should. Upon opening said library, it says my library is empty. My books just aren't there anymore!
Reconnecting the Kobo Touch to my computer and Calibre, the books are shown as "On the device main memory".
I really don't know what I'm doing wrong, so if someone had a clue why it is happening, I would really appreciated it.
Thia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:38 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thia View Post
On the home screen, it shows I have 6 books in my Library, like it should. Upon opening said library, it says my library is empty. My books just aren't there anymore!
Sounds like your device database is messed up somehow. You could try logging out and back in again from your Kobo account on your device; that will rebuild the database and will probably fix it.

If it doesn't, it's factory reset time, but that will of course wipe it completely, so try the logout/login first.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, empty, library, reboot