Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #376
MikeCL
Zealot
MikeCL began at the beginning.

Device: KKB-3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
But what about the people who don't have one in their cellphone?
Or I don't want to use my cellphone as a gps and I don't want to be locked down plus the fire does not have a accelerometer
MikeCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #377
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
True but returning the K4 SO and the case will get me a PW and money back. Off course the PW will also require a case. Ohhhh, decsions, decisions.
Here is some lovely background music for you while you make up your mind.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #378
ManosHandsOfFate
Addict
ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, K3, Fire, Nexus 7
Quote:
This has to be the fastest expanding thread in MR history
Even I was dragged in after a long period of inactivity. . .
ManosHandsOfFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #379
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
True but returning the K4 SO and the case will get me a PW and money back. Off course the PW will also require a case. Ohhhh, decsions, decisions.
I say go with the PW if you can. It's going to be the better choice. It's U.S only though. Currently the NK4 is International.

More on the NK4

Quote:
Custom Fonts

Kindle uses hand-built, custom fonts and font-hinting to make words and letters more crisp, clear, and natural-looking. Font hints are instructions, written as code, that control points on a font character's line, improving legibility at small font sizes where few pixels are available. Hinting is a mix of aesthetic judgments and complicated technical strategies. We've designed our proprietary font-hinting to optimize specifically for the special characteristics of electronic ink.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-06-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #380
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I believe they supply free shipping. If not, then yes, that has to be factored in.
Free shipping to you; but if you send back non-defective items, Amazon makes you pay for the return shipping charges. I know, because I got burned on this earlier this year when they told me one thing and did another. That's when I cancelled my Prime membership.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #381
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Free shipping to you; but if you send back non-defective items, Amazon makes you pay for the return shipping charges. I know, because I got burned on this earlier this year when they told me one thing and did another. That's when I cancelled my Prime membership.
They used to do what was basically a try it for 30 days and if you don't like it return it free deal on Kindles, have they stopped that?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #382
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Do you have anybody you could dump (er, generously donate) it to?
That way you could get the money back and get the PW when it goes global.
Or, you could return the whole kit and use a reshipper to get a KPW.
(Ooops, sorry; that puts you back the decision spiral, doesn't it?)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #383
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
I see. Yeah, if I take the PW I will need a forwarder, makes it even more expensive, in the end a refund might be the simplest solution. I don't dislike the K4 in anyway, but I did get a tad excited when seeing the PW.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #384
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #385
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
250MB is an insult. I could burn through that in a day.
Baby steps. Disruption starts with a foot in the door.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #386
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
God, that was annoying. I consider myself decently educated but if I had to stand in a pulpet trying to answer questions with that ringing in my ears, I would get zero correct answers.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #387
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
They used to do what was basically a try it for 30 days and if you don't like it return it free deal on Kindles, have they stopped that?
No idea. I was returning a non-Kindle Christmas gift.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #388
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Ya know I didn't even have to click on that link to figure what I was going to hear! LOL
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #389
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I see. Yeah, if I take the PW I will need a forwarder, makes it even more expensive, in the end a refund might be the simplest solution. I don't dislike the K4 in anyway, but I did get a tad excited when seeing the PW.
Keep the K4 as backup.

I still have my K3 which is backup to my K4.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #390
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Baby steps. Disruption starts with a foot in the door.
That sounds like Apple