Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 12-27-2011, 04:56 AM   #1
dsleg
dsleg began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Unhappy Entourage Edge Down After update to 2.2

Dear All ;
I hope any one help me , I did to my EE update to 2.2 but in finish my EE not woking just LED power an mouse but screen not working . an when I tray to back to old system , steps not working , and frist usb port not feel any thing
dsleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:42 AM   #2
dsleg

can any one help me

Advert
Old 12-27-2011, 05:44 AM   #3
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Which version of the Ermine update did you use?

There is only ONE update for the EE to Ermine that will work on the EE.

You must NEVER use any of the updates that are specifically for the Pocket eDGe on the EE - they give the results you are seeing.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:15 AM   #4
dsleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Which version of the Ermine update did you use?

There is only ONE update for the EE to Ermine that will work on the EE.

You must NEVER use any of the updates that are specifically for the Pocket eDGe on the EE - they give the results you are seeing.
Used wrong on for PE not for EE
Old 12-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #5
dsleg

Unhappy

Please any one help me this new EE and just i payed it
Advert
Old 12-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #6
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
You can try this EE Ermine Update. No guarantees though and don't come crying if it bricks yours worse:

RIGHT CLICK/SAVE AS

I thought someone had uploaded a "nochecks" version of the 1.6 golden for the EE but I can't find it.
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #7
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
serial route. use the golden dingo with serial cable. and pay attention next time to which one you use.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #8
dsleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTec View Post
You can try this EE Ermine Update. No guarantees though and don't come crying if it bricks yours worse:

RIGHT CLICK/SAVE AS

I thought someone had uploaded a "nochecks" version of the 1.6 golden for the EE but I can't find it.
thanks for answer but how i can boot from thamb flash ?normal steps not working i have 2 usb port now frist ont dont feel anything the second one feel thamb flash but i cant boot
Old 12-27-2011, 03:16 PM   #9
dsleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
serial route. use the golden dingo with serial cable. and pay attention next time to which one you use.
thanks but from where i can get serial route and wht the progarm i needed to work from my pc
Old 12-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #10
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I feel so bad for you, dsleg!

My tech knowledge is not enough to help you, but I will search for the golden dingo MasterTech refers to, and any other posts I can find from people who had similar problems.

Edit: The first 2 links in MasterTech's last post in this thread might help you: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=135544

Also note the information in Obsessed's "Resources for New Edge and Pocket Edge Owners" thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132878

Last edited by Filark; 12-27-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #11
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A couple of things. Have you tried taking the battery out for a couple of minutes - that might get you to a position where you can flash back to Dingo and MAKE SURE you have the correct Dingo version. You should also make sure the battery is fully charged.

If you have to go the serial route it will mean taking the outer cover off on the e-ink side to expose the serial connector and making up the serial cable so be prepared for a little work.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #12
dsleg

Smile

Quote:
A couple of things. Have you tried taking the battery out for a couple of minutes - that might get you to a position where you can flash back to Dingo and MAKE SURE you have the correct Dingo version. You should also make sure the battery is fully charged.

If you have to go the serial route it will mean taking the outer cover off on the e-ink side to expose the serial connector and making up the serial cable so be prepared for a little work.
Dear ivanjt and Filark
thanks to tray help me but about original V i cant boot for SD or thumb driver ?
about serial route Needed more info about cable and application to control from me pc
thanks again
Old 12-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #13
ivanjt
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsleg View Post
Dear ivanjt and Filark
thanks to tray help me but about original V i cant boot for SD or thumb driver ?
about serial route Needed more info about cable and application to control from me pc
thanks again
A little search of the forum brought up the following:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...07#post1781507 for serial cable information - making and using.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148857

Now you need to do some reading but don't be overawed by all the technical lists very little of them apply to the EE.

The post by nikkie is the one that should give you the information you need.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #14
dsleg

I needed for next step please

Quote:
A little search of the forum brought up the following:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...07#post1781507 for serial cable information - making and using.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148857

Now you need to do some reading but don't be overawed by all the technical lists very little of them apply to the EE.

The post by nikkie is the one that should give you the information you need.
EdgeJr>> run boot_recover

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x1300000, size 0x1800000
Failed to detect legacy BBM, searching for new BBM...
Detected New BBM Table
Found main block at 0, back at 1
Factory marked bad blocks:
No factory marked bad blocks found!!
25165824 bytes read: OK
read zImage from SPI NOR (sf read 0x500000 0x400000 0x300000)
The address specified contains no valid zImage.
AutoBOOT failed!!!

EdgeJr>> run boot_user

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x1300000, size 0x1800000
25165824 bytes read: OK
read zImage from SPI NOR (sf read 0x500000 0x400000 0x300000)
The address specified contains no valid zImage.
AutoBOOT failed!!!

EdgeJr>>
I needed for next step please
Old 01-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #15
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
it does not find any image, have you tried a different usb mini sd drive
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entourage edge