Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Wink Kindle Touch Forum

Hi!

What about an specific forum about Kindle TOUCH?

Most posts are for Kindle NON-Touch, and is somewhat boring to search for posts about Touch...
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
I concur.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
mikeschr
Connoisseur
mikeschr is on a distinguished road

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara
I agree. The K4 is really the successsor to the K3, and the Touch is a different beast. It has a different interface, and lots of unique peculiarities. I think it would make sense for it to have its own forum.

The downside is that whatever things are common to both will be trapped in a separate forum. This happens to a degree now, with the Fire forum. I'd still have a separate Touch forum.
mikeschr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #4
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I recently blocked the Kindle subforum from my New Posts feed because so many of the posts were specific to the Touch.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
pwright2
Connoisseur
pwright2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Or maybe we could just start using a #Touch hashtag?
pwright2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright2 View Post
Or maybe we could just start using a #Touch hashtag?
For now this can be a good idea because some people write "kindle touch", others "kt" and others simple "touch".
Old 02-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamana View Post
For now this can be a good idea because some people write "kindle touch", others "kt" and others simple "touch".
and KT has to mean Kobo Touch.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #8
jglerner
Connoisseur
jglerner doesn't litterjglerner doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3g (US), KT & PaperWhite, Nook ST
You name it.
We need a Kindle Touch Forum. I second that, A KT, a Kindle Touch, a Touch, whatever...
jglerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #9
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Don't really see the need for a new sub-forum, but it'd possibly be worthwhile changing/adding the thread prefixes that exist to include the different Kindle models instead of just things like 'content, firmware, accessories, hacks, cloud reader'.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #10
jglerner
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Don't really see the need for a new sub-forum, but it'd possibly be worthwhile changing/adding the thread prefixes that exist to include the different Kindle models instead of just things like 'content, firmware, accessories, hacks, cloud reader'.
If there´s a Fire sub-forum, why not a Touch one? As time passes, every few months, we´ll have new e-readers, that´s why every each and one deserves to read threads about his/hers specific e-reader. If you have a sub-forum you can do a straight reading about each particular model and not being distracted by threads that are not specific.

Other than that, not everyone will tag his own post with prefixes and thhat´s the main reason we need a sub-forum.

JIT, prefixes are not so specifics as one can have different versions that are, or are not, applicable for each kind of Kindle /e-reader.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
route66
Connoisseur
route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I think the Kindle Touch is the next big seller - it makes sense in a forum of ereaders to allow the top of the line Kindle a designated forum.

I vote yes!
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #12
zamana
Zealot

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
jglener said very well: "not everyone will tag his own post with prefixes", mainly the new people that arrived here everyday (me included).

We should follow the same layout of XDA-Developers: a general section and an specific section for each device (or device's category, at least).

Is there some moderator reading this?

Thanks.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:19 AM   #13
Zippity
Beginner
Zippity began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 (SWMBO) & Kindle Touch (Me)
Definitely need a dedicated forum for the Kindle Touch under the Amazon banner.

Who cares about the rest?
Zippity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:37 AM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglerner View Post
Other than that, not everyone will tag his own post with prefixes and thhat´s the main reason we need a sub-forum.
Easy fix. Just delete all threads that aren't tagged. Problem solved.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #15
jglerner
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Easy fix. Just delete all threads that aren't tagged. Problem solved.
Drugs in excess may also kill...
In order to have all threads tagged, you'll need *someone* charged to do that, not feasible...