Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-24-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
kaif
kaif began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question help ind making PDF's ... and scanning

I am scanning an important book but .. when i make i pdf file e.g 100 pages , adobe (or nitro) makes it 20 mb size.. o my god .. it's so huge ... i should be 2 mb i think .. what is your opinion .. give me advice. ..

2nd thing is .... when my scanner (BenQ) scan an image .. it creates a voice of TUK TUK TUK TUK TUK TUK ......when come back ....

I don't know why it making such voice .. i did not make a load on scanner ..

NEED YOUR HELP >.........
kaif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Your PDF is big because it is just holding an image for each page, probably in colour mode, too. If you scan into black and white format, you can save a fair bit of space (as long as your book doesn't contain any colour or gray scale images). If you want it to be small, you will have to convert the images to text using some OCR program (Optical Character Recognition).
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert