Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-23-2011, 01:09 AM   #1
Arliden
Arliden began at the beginning.

Device: none
I could use some helpful suggestions

I'm looking to get a tablet, preferably with an Android OS due to how easy it is to customize it. It doesn't need to be iPad quality or anything since I'm almost exclusively going to use it for e-books, manga and comics, but I'm looking for the best option under or around $200. I don't mind it having little internal memory, but I would much prefer it to have a card slot.

As of now I'm primarily leaning toward the Nook Color and just rooting it, the one and only reservation I have is the lack of a card slot combined with the 8gb of internal memory. I have a ton of digital comics and e-books and I'd like to have a variety with me. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Arliden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Amazon might be announcing a tablet next week, see Amazon press conference, Sep 28. B&N may also be refreshing its tablet (and/or introducing a new one), see New Nook news Sept 2011. So I suggest waiting a week or so. Most of the rumors suggest both are going to still be $250 for a 7" tablet, but price is typically one of the most closely held pieces of information before a device is introduced.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert