Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-27-2011, 12:12 AM   #1
Vince2214
Vince2214 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Best Ebook device?

I don't have much ebooks right now (10) some of them are pdf , lit and mobi (when I had a blackberry). I'm tired of carrying my laptop around, what could be a good machine to buy (at a reasonable price of course) that offers me the flexibility, afordability with possibility to install the required readers for me?
Vince2214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:41 AM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
The best ebook device is the one that works best for you.

However, to find out which one that is, you might want to take a look at the "which one should I buy?" section, down a ways. I'll ask a mod to move this thread there for you.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
bear4hunter
Addict
bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle 3 & DX Graphite, PocketBook 302 & Pro 603
If you read a lot, a dedicated device with eInk screen (for PDF and mobi Kindle does quite fine and is IMHO affordable).

But in your case some (android based) tablet could be a good choice as well, at least you can install reading apps to support whatever format you have.
bear4hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #4
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Look at https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_Reader_Matrix and start thinking about what features are important to you.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
hughes
Addict
hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Galaxy Nexus, iPad 1
If functionality beyond ereading is important to you, consider the best ereaders for apps and games and web browsing: iPad, Nook Color, Cruz R101, PocketBook IQ 701, etc. These currently tend to have LCD-based displays.

If the long-run text reading is most important to you, go with one of the E Ink Pearl ereaders: Kindle 3 (WiFi|3G|DX) or Sony Reader (PRS-350|650|950).
hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert