Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
ma05
ma05 began at the beginning.

Device: matt.anderson05@gmail.com
Kindle DX screenplays

Hi guys

I just need a little help. I'm interested in purchasing a Kindle, but I read a lot of screenplays, so I was looking at the Kindle DX, as it takes pdfs and has the larger screen.

I haven't been able to see anywhere if the DX holds the formatting, or whether I would have to read the scripts in portrait or landscape form.

Does anyone use their Kindle DX for screenplay reading? How is it?

Does anyone out there have any screenshots of what a script would look like on the DX? Either in portrait or landscape? I haven't been able to find any anywhere.

I would greatly appreciate any help,

Cheers

Matt
ma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
Tomsk
Womble
Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KFHDX8.9, Fujitsu S1300, Voyage, K7
If you have a screenplay that is freely and legally available, post the link to it on here. I (or some one else) will try it and report back.
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #3
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
As You Like It is free at Amazon; I can read it fine just in portrait even, but mayhap you are looking for something specific?

http://www.amazon.com/As-You-Like-It...9592593&sr=1-1

Edit: This is not a pdf; if your question is about that format I would say some work well and some less well.

(I have to scoot to work so I can't post a creen shot just now, but maybe someone else can grab the play and do so for you.)

Last edited by pendragginp; 03-08-2011 at 09:18 AM.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet

two ss's from 'a clockwork orange'.
unaltered pdf on a DXG.
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote