Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
Actionman
Actionman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Actionman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Actionman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo WiFi
Lost User Guide

I seem to have screwed something up with the user guide. I push the menu/user guide and the Kobo responds that it can't find it.... So if someone could tell me where on the kobo it should be AND the correct file name, I'll put it back. I can see it there and can read it from the books section so all is not lost.

Yeah I know ..don't fiddle

A
Actionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #2
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
If you can't fix this, send me a PM and I'll email the file to you.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #3
Actionman
Actionman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Actionman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Actionman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Cheers but I do have the file and can read it... just that I must have changed the file name and/or the location so the menu entry "User Guide" when clicked cant find the file. But I can find it via the file manager and read it too, so no problems there. BUT I do like things neat and tidy so would like to restore the correct function of the menu entry. So the exact location and file name will be a big help

A

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
If you can't fix this, send me a PM and I'll email the file to you.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:38 PM   #4
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
When I checked my kobo I realised that I have taken the user guide off. I have it in calibre but it is no longer on my device so I can't tell you where it goes. Sorry, hopefully someone else will be along soon
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:09 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think it goes in the root directory; \Kobo_eReader_User_Guide.epub
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #6
Actionman

Thanks, I tried that and it still wont show. I might have to resync or something but it's not a major.

A

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I think it goes in the root directory; \Kobo_eReader_User_Guide.epub
Old 04-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #7
Salty One
Salty One began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO WiFi
Lost KOBO User Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionman View Post
I seem to have screwed something up with the user guide. I push the menu/user guide and the Kobo responds that it can't find it.... So if someone could tell me where on the kobo it should be AND the correct file name, I'll put it back. I can see it there and can read it from the books section so all is not lost.

Yeah I know ..don't fiddle

A
Did this happen just after you upgraded to 1.9? I upgrqaded this morning (after a lot of trouble and assistance from Kobo support) and now I can't get to the user guide from the menu. I know I didn't move or delete it. It's in the list of books and opens OK if I select it, but the menu option just tells me it can't be found. I've copied it to several places and it makes no difference.
Salty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #8
Actionman

No it was just before. I did a factory reset and it was back. I had all my books backed up so no trouble there. A factory reset is not too much trouble and cures any ills.

A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty One View Post
Did this happen just after you upgraded to 1.9?