Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-10-2010, 12:17 AM   #1
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Request: Allow/Disallow individual books showing in content server

Hi folks,

Well, basically the request is what it says in the title.

I use the content server to share books with some of my relatives (who are in different parts of the country). This works really great

However, occasionally I have ebooks that for one reason or another I wish to remain private. Currently for these books, I tend to convert them, save them to disk and then completely remove them from the library.

It would be great if there was an option somewhere, somehow, to allow or disallow a book from being served by the content server.

Possible?
Is someone willing to implement such a feature if it is possible?

Cheers
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Excellent suggestion. I can think of several reasons (aside from the *wink* obvious) for a calibre library to have "restricted stacks". I'm thinking about DRM-free but non-shareable content (my paid books from Baen, for instance). Trying to explain to my sister-in-law why she shouldn't read certain books -- or send copies to her son -- would be an exercise in hair-tearing futility.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:20 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I don't use the server so don't have much incentive to follow through on this. That said, I suspect that the new virtual library feature (restrictions) would solve the problem/provide the requested functionality.

By setting a search restriction, the library display available would be limited to books that match the restriction. This will work as long as all the pathways from the server to the database go through ResultCache. They do if searching is supported.

Of course, it would be up to the user to determine what the search matches.

To make this work, one would need to:

1) add an option to library.server to provide the name of a saved search name to be used as the restriction.
2) change __init__ in library.server to call db.data.set_search_restriction with the saved search (set...('search:'+search_name)).
3) Change the configuration GUI so that the option can be specified there as well as on the command line.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open a feature request and I'll take a look at it when I have some time (which is probably not going to be this week).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Done. Ticket #5513
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote