Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-10-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
pedgarcia
Connoisseur
pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Save as EPub cannot be opened in my Sony PRS-505

Hi,

first of all, congratulations for this excellent application. It was nice to see how simple to use it is.

Now, my question: I've created a epub file importing (actually copy&paste) a text with pictures from an article from a website. It seems Sigil imported it well since it displays it nicely, etc...

The problem is, when it is saved as EPub, I cannot open it in Sony Reader Application or in my Reader. It seems it is frozen, or keeping trying open it forever.

How can I know what's happening. What's causing the problem?

If it helps, attached I'm sending the file in both supported formats. If you download Sony's software you'll see the problem happening when you try to import the file.

Let me know if I can do something to help debug it.

Thanks

Paulo
Attached Files
File Type: zip scribing-tools.zip (18.7 KB, 563 views)
pedgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedgarcia View Post
I've created a epub file importing (actually copy&paste) a text with pictures from an article from a website.
There's your problem. Don't copy&paste from the web directly into Sigil. Save the page as an HTML file with your browser, then import (load) the file into Sigil.

There are quite a few transformations that happen in the background when you import an HTML file. These are crucial.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Your HTML still includes links to the images out on the original web sites. This is probably what's upsetting your Sony.

Quote:
Now, my question: I've created a epub file importing (actually copy&paste) a text with pictures from an article from a website. It seems Sigil imported it well since it displays it nicely, etc...

The problem is, when it is saved as EPub, I cannot open it in Sony Reader Application or in my Reader. It seems it is frozen, or keeping trying open it forever.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:11 AM   #4
pedgarcia
Connoisseur
pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Hi,

Yeah, doing it properly (save/open) make it work well.

Don't you think my mistake *cut&paste" can happen often? Maybe when saving as epub, the software could have a feature to check most common problems (like external links, etc).

Great job, btw!

Paulo
pedgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Don't you think my mistake *cut&paste" can happen often? Maybe when saving as epub, the software could have a feature to check most common problems (like external links, etc).
Yeah, unfortunately it is to be expected that people will just c/p HTML from their browsers directly into Sigil... I've been thinking about possible ways of overcoming this.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote