Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #16
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I just went to my Media Library and downloaded an older paper that is still available.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle papers.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	26680   Click image for larger version

Name:	statesman.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	26681  

Last edited by daffy4u; 03-29-2009 at 01:14 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #17
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Well, hmm. I don't think I have that option. Maybe because I'm still on the trial period?

Good to know that it is an option though.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #18
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
Well, hmm. I don't think I have that option. Maybe because I'm still on the trial period?

Good to know that it is an option though.
It should be there because not everyone lives in a Whispernet area, so they have to download their subscriptions.

If you don't mind, I'd like to walk you through the steps just to make sure we're on the same page. You can also do this from the "Manage Your Kindle" page.

Go the section at the bottom labeled "Your orders and individual charges"

If you have a lot of content, click on "newspapers" to the right just to show them only. Click on the drop down box for "Download/Send to" and you'll see your choices (computer or Kindle). In your case click on "computer" and it will download.

Also to the right side you'll see a box of items recently Whisperneted to your Kindle. If it was successful, you'll see a green check mark. If not successful, you'll see an orange pending clock. If you don't see the orange clock next to your NYT subscription (trial or not), there may be another issue. Maybe the Times is late in getting the digital version out (it has happened before with other papers).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	myk.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	26686   Click image for larger version

Name:	pending.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	26687  
Old 03-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #19
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Ok, apparently I'm an idiot and it was there all along. Thanks for the walkthrough - it was definitely helpful.

Now I have to get back in my jammies, brew another cup of coffee and start my Sunday the right way!
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:41 PM   #20
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
Ok, apparently I'm an idiot and it was there all along. Thanks for the walkthrough - it was definitely helpful.

Now I have to get back in my jammies, brew another cup of coffee and start my Sunday the right way!
Yay! Enjoy your Sunday!