Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #35881
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Yeah, I had to reset all my watches this morning.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #35882
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Getting ready to head out for another round of bureaucratic office running. God willing, this will finish up the paperwork, then it's back to the Consulate for submission. I'm still not sure it it's the paper that I submit or me that has to submit...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:50 AM   #35883
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Preparing to go out to dinner to one of the Greek restaurants and hoping we'll be back before 10pm, in time for Jonathan Creek.
The magician detective guy? Is he still on? Are these re runs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
That's the good thing about the internet. If there is a tumbleweed kind of silence, you never have to meet any of us anyway!
Shhhhhh!what are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Getting ready to head out for another round of bureaucratic office running. God willing, this will finish up the paperwork, then it's back to the Consulate for submission. I'm still not sure it it's the paper that I submit or me that has to submit...

Stitchawl
And expatriate that you are, who, ultimately has authority?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:09 AM   #35884
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As always, it's the person standing behind the desk. Right or wrong, what ever that person says, goes. Yesterday they gave me a 'Power of Attorney ' (sp?) form for my wife to sign. Without asking that it her signature be notarized??? Who's kidding who?

Stitchawl

Sent from my typewriter via Tapatalk

Last edited by Stitchawl; 04-02-2013 at 04:27 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:58 AM   #35885
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
The magician detective guy? Is he still on? Are these re runs?
Yes, no, no .

He isn't a magician's assistant anymore, he does something in marketing and is married. Technically the series has stopped but every now and then they make one feature length episode and air it during a holiday (Christmas or Easter).

At the moment I'm looking for an USB charger that can charge two devices at 2amps each.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:43 AM   #35886
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Yes, no, no .

He isn't a magician's assistant anymore, he does something in marketing and is married. Technically the series has stopped but every now and then they make one feature length episode and air it during a holiday (Christmas or Easter).
According to Wikipedia, "A three-part series has been confirmed for filming in 2013 and airing in early 2014 as series 5"

Excellent!
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:06 AM   #35887
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
According to Wikipedia, "A three-part series has been confirmed for filming in 2013 and airing in early 2014 as series 5"

Excellent!
That's good news! Thanks.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #35888
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
After watching Alan Davies puerile shenanigans for too many years on QI, I just can't watch Jonathan Creek anymore. Which is a shame, as I used to enjoy it until I realised how immature a man he really is.

This should probably be in the V&R thread...mutter...mutter...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #35889
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #35890
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
...Sent from my typewriter via Tapatalk
How do you send something from your typewriter via Tapatalk?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #35891
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Finally beginning the frustrating task of doing my own taxes by first locating and reading to check for any changes to the entry lines.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #35892
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
How do you send something from your typewriter via Tapatalk?
Little button on the left, next to the ribbon spool.
But it only works if you have the red/black ribbon.

Stitchawl
Old 04-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #35893
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Finally beginning the frustrating task of doing my own taxes by first locating and reading to check for any changes to the entry lines.
HA! Another procrastinator!

I did mine today also. No special reason why I waited so long. The software makes it easier than ever. I used to dread doing taxes before PCs.

Quote:
Little button on the left, next to the ribbon spool.
But it only works if you have the red/black ribbon.

Stitchawl
Thanks. I knew you couldn't access the Internet on a typewriter using a solid black ribbon.

Now if only I could get my record player to download songs from iTunes.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #35894
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Now if only I could get my record player to download songs from iTunes.
One of these might do the trick:
http://www.amazon.com/Jensen-JTA-460...ord+mp3+player
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:00 AM   #35895
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Wow! Low cost too! I wonder if it comes with the little plastic spindle doohickies we needed for our 45's?

Stitchawl

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?