Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #16
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Nobody has yet gotten an iPad 3.
Not true. Lots of reporters seen it.

Seems to me that this kind of logic you use, relies on the metaphisical assumption that "until you dont' have something in your hands, you can have nothing to say about it". It this was true, we would have a very low consideration of knowledge and culture as mediated experience and reflection upon experience.

We have reliable data (what a lcd is, what "retina" is, we know super amoled plus which 'til now had a slightly better readability under bright light, etc) pics, vids like this and knowledge about how these displays react with bright light.
We also know that if this display was capable of something similar, Apple wouldn't wait to let us explicitly know via advertisings, that if can finally be read in bright light.

It's true that we common users cannot say nothing very precise and detailed about it.

But it's true that we have enough data to come to the conclusion that this ipad will never be able to display what we've seen in the misleading video, exaclty like no iPhone 4 and no super amoled plus is capable of that.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 03-14-2012 at 12:11 PM.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #17
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Apparently you are new to the world of marketing and advertising.

This is done by every company in every ad.

You don't REALLY think that drinking Red Bull makes you sprout wings and allows you to fly unaided by any mechanical means do you?

This thread seems like just another trash Apple excuse.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #18
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
It's an altered photo, no doubt, but that's standard practice in advertising.

Looks like Photoshop Mistakes is gone, but see Photoshop Disasters.
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #19
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Redbull spot is filled with irony. Apple's main spot is not, on the contrary.
So you admit that is a misleading advertisement.

I know lots of companies which fill their ads with bulls**ts, should we consider Apple one of them? Display is the main thing the new ipad is about. If you lie about it in your main spot, you lie about the entire product.

Hope this is clear enough.

There's more: this fake won't make Apple sell more. So I ask myself why
Old 03-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #20
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Surprised no-one else has pointed this out, but in the same vein:
In the iPad 2 vs 3 iBooks comparison, the 'screenshot' on the left is not actually an iPad 1/2 iBooks image, it is a simulation based on scaling down the iPad 3 image.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:50 PM   #21
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
In fairness Apple isn't the only corp to do this. One of Amazon's commercials shows a woman picking up her newly delivered Kindle Fire and using it while sitting on her doorstep. The screen image they show is clear and bright. Now, as much as I enjoy my Fire, I know that's not reality. I have trouble using it even on a shaded porch on a cloudy day, let alone in sunlight.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:50 PM   #22
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
Redbull spot is filled with irony. Apple's main spot is not, on the contrary.
So you admit that is a misleading advertisement.
No.. I think they shot the commercial in order to show off the device as best they could.

But, my larger point is.. this is nothing new... it is like starting a thread saying that the sky is blue.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #23
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I admit the Apple ad is misleading. I don't get where you're going with this.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #24
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
I was slightly surprised not to see a teeny-tiny disclaimer at the end saying that screen images were simulated - other adverts have such a disclaimer on them (not the jetBook Color ones though, but that's another thread...)

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #25
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
In that film, one fellow reading on the beach is wearing sunglasses. I'm not going to say that the iPad 3 can't be read on the beach with sunglasses, but I know there's no way you could do that with the first generation iPad. It's an indoor device during the daytime. I can barely see the screen outside, even in the shade.

Maybe you can do that with an iPad 3, but I'd have to see it to believe it.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #26
lorenzoens
ex se ens

Sorry no.guru, I was answering to Bob, we just posted at the same time.

Bob, the answer is in the words you didnt' quote:
"Display is the main thing the new ipad is about. If you lie about it in your main spot, you lie about the entire product.
There's more: this fake won't make Apple sell more. So I ask myself why
"

You say it's in the spirit of consumerism to lie about products, you may be right. Nonetheless, it's in the spirit of every man, trying to see behind lies. If I can choose, I prefer the second.

------
For those waiting for bright light miracles:

"Already more than 25% of LCDs adopt SHA technology and that is likely to continue to grow in the future." Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Maybe you can do that with an iPad 3, but I'd have to see it to believe it.
I think if that was true, the advertising would contain not just 1 message (great resolution) but it'd explain how the display can finally be read in outdoors.
Resolution + Readibility in strong light= an epic win. I don't think Apple forgot something so important.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 03-14-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #27
no.guru
Crazy like a

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
Sorry no.guru, I was answering to Bob, we just posted at the same time.
No apology necessary. I do agree with Andy and somewhat with your sentiment. There should be a disclaimer, but maybe that's old school thinking now that photo alterations are so easily compared online.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #28
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
I was slightly surprised not to see a teeny-tiny disclaimer at the end saying that screen images were simulated - other adverts have such a disclaimer on them (not the jetBook Color ones though, but that's another thread...)

Andrew
It was pretty obvious to me that the images were indeed simulated. However there will be many who will not realise this, and will base their purchase on a false representation of the product. If this is not a classic bait-and-switch, what is?
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #29
lorenzoens
ex se ens

Last edited by lorenzoens; 03-14-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #30
MrReset
Resident of Silent Hill
MrReset has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, PocketBook A10
@lorenzoens
You can't discuss with Apple-Fanboys about Apple-Products. It is senseles.
MrReset is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, fake, ipad, outdoor