Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #16
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Another plus for decalgirl. I looked through their art and had them do a "custom" skin for me, no extra charge. Mine is also matte finish. I don't use a case, just a pocket in my purse.

My EE has a gelaskin on it (custom from a photo I liked) and that is nice too!

Back a few months someone posted a great do-it-yourself case-making project. If I can find it I will post it here.

Edit: Ah! It was Attemptress who made that case, and her posts, including pictures, are in the thread Gunner posted above. Beat me to it again!

P.S. I really like the wallpaper that comes with the decalgirl skins.

And oh, by the way . . . welcome to MobileRead, Zuzu!

Last edited by Filark; 07-13-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:50 AM   #17
apocalypsegrrl
Wannabe Bond Girl
apocalypsegrrl began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage PocketEdge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Edit: Ah! It was Attemptress who made that case, and her posts, including pictures, are in the thread Gunner posted above. Beat me to it again!
Argh! I'm looking for the post and can't find it! Can you please re-post the link?

EDIT: Found it! Just ignore me and my slowness.

Last edited by apocalypsegrrl; 07-14-2011 at 09:54 AM.
apocalypsegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #18
zuzulous
zuzulous began at the beginning.

Device: pocketeDGe
I've happened upon a couple of possibilities that I might try, both use the "squishy" padded shelf-liner stuff:

http://psimadethis.com/post/42342835...estination-for

http://www.instructables.com/id/5-mi...e-for-Under-5/
zuzulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #19
Byzantius
Mobile Tech
Byzantius began at the beginning.

Device: Asus 1005PE, Pocket Edge, PSP3000
Was wondering if the M-Edge Latitude Kindle Jacket for the latest Kinde will hold the PE?
Byzantius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #20
stevesr0
Connoisseur
stevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
I want something to protect the case and the screens on my newly purchased Pocket Edge, but I like the red color. Anybody using matte transparent skins without designs for protection and reduction of visible marks?
stevesr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #21
garyhgaryh
Zealot
garyhgaryh began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
XO skins has custom screen protectors for the Edge.

http://xoskins.com/

Gelaskins will sell you a skin of your own design.

http://www.gelaskins.com/store/skins...ge_Pocket_eDGe
I looked at the xoskins for the PE (thanks for the link). did you watch the video of the guy pulling of skin off the iphone? Took alot of effort.

Now, the iphone has a tough glass surface for the screen. The entourage PE has a resistive touch screen. I'm not sure it can handle the force needed to pull that "skin" off the screen if I ever needed to replace it.

What do you think?
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:24 AM   #22
Emmie
Emmie doesn't litterEmmie doesn't litterEmmie doesn't litter

Device: pocket edge & Bebook Neo
I have received my skin from gelaskin this morning (dutch time ).
Since I'm left handed it made more sense to have the tabled side of my PE on the left, so I custom made a skin with an artwork from their collection (I had to turn the artwork upside down). It was really easy! You can upload your own pictures/designs or use artwork from their collection, but you cannot mix different artists together on one skin.
Since I live in the Netherlands and Gelaskins is Canada based they said it could take up to 20 business days to deliver my skins. It got here in 6 days (from the day I submitted my order). That was 4 skins including 2 custom made ones (I ordered a one for the psp and 2 as gifts as well).

Getting the front on took a bit of fiddling, but once I got the hang of it the back was easy!
I'm very happy with mine, and would definitely recommend them
I hope you find a cover/skin that suits your needs
Emmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #23
QDman
QDman began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
XOSkins for the screen protector and DecalGirl dark burlwood skin for the rest.

It's mega-gorgeous.
QDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #24
merddynemrys
merddynemrys began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge + kindle
1. XO skins (for both screens) are a bit pricy ($23.51 inc. S&H) but provide serious protection, and are an excellent fit.
2. Personally I like the MyGift skins for the PE outer/inner shell available through amazon.com ($20.98 inc S&H and you can get a matching screen-saver via email).
3. The only case that works for me for the PE is the e-Volve Shoulder/Messenger Bag also available (from the UK) via amazon.com, a bit pricy but good protection ($30.74 inc S&H) - it will just about hold the PE, power unit, cords and a flash drive. It's designed to hold the PE flat (dual retainers on each side of the case when opened out, retaining pocket and dual retainers when packed).(It's also quite stylish, if you care about such things).
merddynemrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #25
zuzulous
zuzulous began at the beginning.

Device: pocketeDGe
I just ordered Tree of Books from DecalGirl. It was a tough decision! QDman, I almost went with the dark burlwood.

I also made my own little pouch based on the instructables that I posted earlier in this thread. As soon as my camera batteries are recharged, I'll take some pics. :P
zuzulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:06 AM   #26
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzulous View Post
I just ordered Tree of Books from DecalGirl. It was a tough decision! QDman, I almost went with the dark burlwood.
Oooh, I hadn't seen Tree of Books before. That's awesome. Awesome enough to compete with the one I'm always thinking I'll get for my laptop: http://gelaskins.com/gallery/Alberto...e_Enamored_Owl

(I never did get it for the edge because I don't like the fact that it's just the owl on each side. I would have preferred one big landscape-y picture instead. Same with my second choice: http://gelaskins.com/gallery/Alberto...Enamored_Whale ) I'm still thinking for the edge, I'd go "Composition Book" as it's very cool and so appropriate!
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #27
QDman

I almost went with Composition. It would suit my personality quite well to walk into a meeting with that mundane item, then crack it open to show off my dual-screen wonder. But some of the meetings I attend really require a little more subtlety.

I wish the skins were swappable. That would be awesome.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #28
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by QDman View Post
XOSkins for the screen protector and DecalGirl dark burlwood skin for the rest.

It's mega-gorgeous.
Did you go with the "mat" finish or the "glossy" finish for the Decalgirl skin?
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #29
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Sarah,

I just tried making a custom gelaskin from Enamored Owl and it is much nicer, in my opinion, than the 2 owls if you do all the way to the left, then all the way to the right so the owl is only on one panel. No extra charge.

Just be sure you get the design all the way to the edge. Mine came with a tiny white stripe at the top. (Still beautiful, though!)
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:24 AM   #30
QDman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegadgets View Post
Did you go with the "mat" finish or the "glossy" finish for the Decalgirl skin?
I considered matte, because I hate fingerprints, but I went with the glossy, because I figured it would make make for a "varnished wood" look.

It looks even better than I'd hoped it would (wood?), and I'm not seeing fingerprints. Full of win, it is!