Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
question regarding converting txt files

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a way to convert a batch of txt documents into one long document? I decided I'd like to read all the Star Trek TNG transcripts (yes, I'm a geek ), and I found a place I can download an entire season in a zip file. When I open the zip, all 26 episodes are unzipped into 26 txt files. Is there a way to put all of those into one big file, having each txt file as a separate chapter? Or it wouldn't really even need to be chapters, but that would be nice. If they were all in one document that would make it more like reading a book, and easier to read. I don't care what format the end result is in, as I could then change the final format to epub, or maybe rtf. Although I think the Pocket Pro reads txt, I just haven't tried it yet. I've got calibre and sigil both on my computer, so would I be able to use either of those? If this isn't possible I guess I can just open each document individually, copy and paste into one large file in MS Word, and be on my way. But I'd like it if there was an easier solution.

Thanks!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Book Designer 5 will do this.
It has a Join books option that will merge any txt or html files into one and what's so wonderful about this program is it's a snap to mark chapter headings, fix broken sentences and make a good html copy you can then read or import into Calibre to make a really nice epub file that looks great in Cool Reader 3.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:55 PM   #3
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Command line text combining: http://www.thetechhub.com/2010/04/co...th-single.html

A GUI program: Join (Merge, Combine) Multiple Text Files Into One Software

There are others; Googling for /combine text files into one/ gets lots of hits.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
. . .
I found a place I can download an entire season in a zip file. When I open the zip, all 26 episodes are unzipped into 26 txt files. . . .
I'd be interested in this site. I, too, am a ST fan. Could you post it, if it is available to all.

Thx
AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #5
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Blossom and Elfwreck, thank you for the links! I'll check those out.

AJ, here's the link where I got ST:TNG. http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/nextgeneration/ They have a slew of other scripts there, too. You can download each show individually, or download the entire season in a zip.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:38 PM   #6
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
Blossom and Elfwreck, thank you for the links! I'll check those out.

AJ, here's the link where I got ST:TNG. http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/nextgeneration/ They have a slew of other scripts there, too. You can download each show individually, or download the entire season in a zip.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:16 AM   #7
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
A super little program that I found http://bluefive.pair.com/txtcollector.htm.
Then drop the final file into your favourite conversion program.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:15 PM   #8
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Thanks, Stormchild. I looked at that program, and it looks like that will also work for what I am wanting.

I ended up going with BookDesigner. It took me a bit of time to figure out what I was doing, but I ended up making the transcripts into an FB2 file. I've never used that format before, so I figured I'd give it a try, since I've heard such good reports about it. I loaded it up on my Pocket Pro, and I really like it! I think I'll go that route the next time I download transcripts.

Thanks everyone for your input!
Old 10-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You don't need a program for this - you can do it with the command prompt:

copy a.txt+b.txt+c.txt+d.txt joined.txt
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #10
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Yes Harry, but that is easy for you to say and do. Most people have no idea what the command prompt is let alone what to do with it.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
Yes Harry, but that is easy for you to say and do. Most people have no idea what the command prompt is let alone what to do with it.
The fact that some people may not know how to use a computer does not alter the fact that this is, and always has been, a built-in capability of MS-DOS and subsequently Windows, not to mention every other operating system that I know of.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote