Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
LarrySabo
LarrySabo began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350
PRS-350 not detected in Win7, does in XP

Greetings. (First post!) My new-to-me PRS-350 is not detected by ADE nor Sony Reader for PC ("SRPC") on my Win7 system, but is on a laptop running XP. I can download and read EPUBs from the local library on my Win7 system, but I can't authorize the PRS-350 because it's not detected. I've reset the reader, re-installed ADE and SRPC but no change. In SRPC, Store\My Account\My Devices it says I don't have any devices. In ADE, the left panel does not list the reader at all, as it does on my XP system. My Win7 detects the reader Settings and Reader partitions but neither ADE nor SRPC will detect the reader so I can't authorize it.

Any suggestions? Otherwise, I'm really enjoying the reader and I'm so pleased to find such an active and current forum on eReaders of all types.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I also updated the firmware to the latest version

Last edited by LarrySabo; 11-11-2011 at 10:01 PM.
LarrySabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #2
elizilla
Addict
elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 650, Sony PRS 350
I have a Win7 desktop that I use for most of my reader management activities. I've never had any trouble getting it to see my PRS-350 or PRS-650. My Win7 netbook also sees them just fine, though there I haven't installed the Sony software; I'm just looking at them as a USB drive.

So I do not think it's a generic Win7 issue - it's something different about your PC.

Does your PC see them as USB drives? If not, does the USB port you are plugging it into, work with other devices? Have you tried plugging the reader into a different USB port?

Last edited by elizilla; 11-11-2011 at 10:18 PM.
elizilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 10:25 PM   #3
LarrySabo

Thanks for the prompt reply. Glad to hear someone has it working on Win7. Yes, my system detects the 2 partitions on the reader (Settings and Reader). I've tried different USB ports and they work fine with other USB devices. I'm tempted to do a system restore to before I installed ADE and SRPC as a last resort.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #4
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
sees my 350 and 950 just fine
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
LarrySabo

<Sigh>. I guess it's just my system then. There is no way I'm going to do a fresh install just to be able to use the PRS-350 on it, so I'll just live with it, I guess. Maybe I'll try a system restore to before I installed ADE and SRPC and start over. If I get it solved, I'll update this thread. Thanks again for your helpfulness, and this terrific forum!
Advert
Old 11-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Pocketbook Era, Kindle Oasis 2
I have to agree with the other responses, I have 2 PRS-350s now and both are recognized on a Win7 64-bit box. Likewise for my 950.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote