Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #91
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Sorry, I should have specified. I can change the font, I can't (and don't expect to until/unless a patch is found) change the weight of MinionPro. But that's not really an issue right now as 3.11 seems to have left the weight settings I'd set alone and just wont let me access them.
Maybe I also wasn't as clear as I could have been All I was trying to share was that when I loaded my MinionPro .otf files to the Patched Kobo I could select MinionPro without any problem. However changing the Weight slider had no effect at all. Once I'd converted the otfs to ttfs the Patched Kobo was happy to change the MinionPro weight as per slider value. This may not be your problem but I thought I'd try to clarify anyway.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:32 PM   #92
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Maybe I also wasn't as clear as I could have been All I was trying to share was that when I loaded my MinionPro .otf files to the Patched Kobo I could select MinionPro without any problem. However changing the Weight slider had no effect at all. Once I'd converted the otfs to ttfs the Patched Kobo was happy to change the MinionPro weight as per slider value. This may not be your problem but I thought I'd try to clarify anyway.

Ah that makes sense, but no my issue is that the advanced font patch isn't available for 3.11 as of yet. Good to know about .otf files though.
MGlitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2014, 07:22 AM   #93
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Try this as your starting point, if you like. It needs to be unzipped first, of course.

Regarding the 'long paragraph bug'. It has been fixed, but if you still see small gaps at the bottom of the page you could also edit the default ..
Thanks, this got me started. I went ahead and enabled 'Fix page breaks bug', so I won't need to worry about setting widows/orphans in CSS.

I also forgot about the 'Brightness fine control' patch. I really like having that option, and set at 1, since I usually read at night.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote