Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 08-21-2020, 08:22 AM   #1
likekindle
likekindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How to set customer column value in plugin?

Hi there, I have a plugin called "douban.py", which can get some metadata from a website, and I also create a customer column called "#douban_rating".
In the douban.py file, there're code like this:
Code:
    def to_metadata(self, browser, log, entry_, timeout):  # {{{
        from calibre.utils.date import parse_date, utcnow
#......
        # Ratings
        if rating:
            try:
                mi.rating = float(rating['average']) / 2.0
            except:
                log.exception('Failed to parse rating')
                mi.rating = 0
#......
and i want to put the value float(rating['average']) in my column "#douban_rating", how to do that?
Thanks a lot.
likekindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:18 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Metadata download plugins can only store data in builtin columns, not custom one.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2020, 10:40 AM   #3
likekindle

Well, are there any workaround to do that? maybe i could just save the value into a txt file, then write a script to load them into my column?
or any other method? i just want to save the rating value into my column.
thanks for reply.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:14 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Save it as a tag and use a custom column template to display it in another column or use search and replace to copy it into another column.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 11:21 AM   #5
likekindle

that seems OK, but i'm not sure how to do that:
"use a custom column template to display it in another column"
"use search and replace to copy it into another column"
could you give me a demo?
Advert
Old 08-21-2020, 05:27 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@likekindle - for the Skoob bookstore (Brazilian) there are two plugins, a Metadata Download plugin, and a GUI plugin called Skoob Synch, you might want to have a look at those, and IIRC Goodreads might have something similar. See ==>> Index of plugins

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:47 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The Goodreads_rating plugin does it by adding the rating to the publisher column and then the F_rating plugin moves this to the separate column.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 05:20 AM   #8
likekindle

@BetterRed Thanks, it seems a little complicated for me, i may try it later if i have no other ways.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:29 AM   #9
likekindle

@davidfor
that's clever, i've tried the plugins, and they work for me, i could get rating from goodreads and store the value into a custom column.
Then I have to modify my douban plugin just like the goodreads, right?
maybe something like this:
Code:
        if rating:
            try:
                #print(float(rating['average']))
                my_rate = float(rating['average'])
                print(title + " ----: " + str(my_rate))
                if not(mi.rating==None):
				    mi.publisher+="#PrB.rating#"+ str(my_rate)
				    print ('mi.publisher:', mi.publisher)

except:
                mi.rating = 0
Old 08-22-2020, 06:48 AM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by likekindle View Post
@davidfor
that's clever, i've tried the plugins, and they work for me, i could get rating from goodreads and store the value into a custom column.
Then I have to modify my douban plugin just like the goodreads, right?
maybe something like this:
Code:
        if rating:
            try:
                #print(float(rating['average']))
                my_rate = float(rating['average'])
                print(title + " ----: " + str(my_rate))
                if not(mi.rating==None):
				    mi.publisher+="#PrB.rating#"+ str(my_rate)
				    print ('mi.publisher:', mi.publisher)

except:
                mi.rating = 0
That should work. But, has "mi.rating" been set earlier? Otherwise, you are testing if it before setting it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 07:25 AM   #11
likekindle

@davidfor
Thank you so much, it works for me, and saves a lot of time for me.

Cheers

Tags
custom column, metadata, plugin development