Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2019, 10:47 AM   #1
denisuu
Zealot
denisuu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx Leaf 2 (White)
Removing 'Kobo Shop' & 'Wish List' from homescreen?

Hi everyone,

I upgraded to the latest firmware (4.18.13737) and a bar appeared at the bottom of my homescreen. Maybe I removed it with a patch on the previous firmware (4.12), I don't remember though.

It's annoying me a little, is there a way/patch to remove it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_image-0.jpg
Views:	932
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	175424

Last edited by issybird; 12-07-2019 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Oversize image. Please read the guidelines regarding image size.
denisuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:06 PM   #2
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisuu View Post
is there a way/patch to remove it?
Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen
or
Remove footer (row3) on new home screen

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=323419
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2020, 03:09 PM   #3
denisuu
Zealot
denisuu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx Leaf 2 (White)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen
or
Remove footer (row3) on new home screen

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=323419
Thank you!!!
denisuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:22 PM   #4
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
In addition, there are now patches to change both links to whatever you want (change browse Kobo text, change shop link target, change right smartlink target, remove right smartlink rotation targets).
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:04 AM   #5
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Also, current firmware (in settings - beta features) allows a change to 'large print mode' with a sliding font scale. I have mine at 134% and it renders the cover thumbnails on the home page much larger. All this can be done without patching.

Now, there are still word tiles at the bottom of the screen for 'shop kobo' and 'wish list'. But over all the home screen is less crowded and busy.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
4.18, clara hd, homescreen, patch