Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 06-11-2019, 01:59 PM   #1
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Write to a custom column from a Metadata Source Plugin

Hi, everyone.

Is it possible for a Metadata Source Plugin to write data to a custom column?
I wish I could write the book pages to such a column, defined by the user.

If possible, how should I proceed?

Thanks!
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:56 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, metadata source plugins do not have this capability.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2019, 08:18 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Would the Import List plugin do this (customized template) from a saved file?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:19 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Hi, everyone.

Is it possible for a Metadata Source Plugin to write data to a custom column?
I wish I could write the book pages to such a column, defined by the user.

If possible, how should I proceed?

Thanks!
compurandom did it by providing both a Metadata Data Source and a GUI plugin for Wikidata - I think the GUI PI uses the value the MDS PI puts into the Identifiers column - that's as much as I know.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:45 PM   #5
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't want to create another plugin just for that. I'll let the number of pages on the log, in case someone want to check.

Thanks!
Advert
Old 06-13-2019, 08:18 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@thiago.eec: If you are interested in getting the page count from a site, the Count Pages plugin supports this. The current sites supported use an XPath statement to find the page count. This plus the URL template and some names are all that are needed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:00 PM   #7
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@thiago.eec: If you are interested in getting the page count from a site, the Count Pages plugin supports this. The current sites supported use an XPath statement to find the page count. This plus the URL template and some names are all that are needed.
Hi, @davidfor.
I use the Count Pages plugin all the time. Nice tool.
Would it be possible to add skoob.com.br to the list?
I can provide you any information you need.

Book URL Template: https://www.skoob.com.br/livro/{skoob_id}

XPath* to pages count:

Code:
info_nodes = root.xpath('//div[@class="sidebar-desc"]/text()')
for info in info_nodes:
pages = re.search('(Páginas: )([0-9]+)', info).groups(0)[1]

* There are a lot of info on a single DIV. This is how I managed to extract each info. I'm sure you can find a better way. Take a look at the DIV:

Code:
<div class="sidebar-desc">

ISBN-13: <span>9788528610390</span><br>ISBN-10: <span>852861039X</span><br>

Ano: 2003          / Páginas: 224<br>        Idioma: português  <br>        Editora: <a href="/editora/1-bertrand-brasil">Bertrand Brasil</a><br>    </div>

Last edited by thiago.eec; 06-13-2019 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:12 AM   #8
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
I modified my version of Count Pages to include Skoob. Just hope I didn't break anything. So far so good .
Attached Files
File Type: zip Count Pages.zip (290.9 KB, 246 views)
Old 06-18-2019, 10:14 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did have a look at this on the weekend. I was trying to work out a good way to handle the need for the regex. I have an idea, but probably won't have a chance to look at it until next week. If it doesn't work, your solution is simple and will work.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:53 AM   #10
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
I did have a look at this on the weekend. I was trying to work out a good way to handle the need for the regex. I have an idea, but probably won't have a chance to look at it until next week. If it doesn't work, your solution is simple and will work.
Good to know! If you have another solution without regex, I'll use it on Skoob Books plugin either, since I use regex for other cases like this.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:37 AM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Good to know! If you have another solution without regex, I'll use it on Skoob Books plugin either, since I use regex for other cases like this.
I was looking for one without regex, but couldn't find it. What I was planning was to add the regex in the site configuration. And then run it on the XPath result. Not really much different from yours, but, it means all the changes to add a new site are in one place.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:57 AM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I have just released a beta of the Count Pages plugin that adds Skoob as page count source site. I have added a, hopefully, generic way to handle the need for a regex on the result of the XPath used to find the page count. I haven't done much testing, but it seems to work for the few books I have added from the site. It is at the end of the Count Pages thread.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:13 PM   #13
thiago.eec
Guru

Thank you very much, @davidfor!

Tags
custom column, metadata source, plugin