Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-13-2020, 05:12 AM   #16
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
hahahaha, that's for writing fast and from the cell phone
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 07:23 PM   #17
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
In 5.4.2, I got this error when selecting either Config or Execute from the book context menu.

Code:
calibre, version 5.4.2
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'dict' object has no attribute 'iteritems'

calibre 5.4.2 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 16) && Calibre Power Search Plugin (1, 7, 0) && Comments Cleaner (1, 2, 1) && Count Pages (1, 11, 0) && Drop Search Results (1, 0, 10) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 5, 0) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 11, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && FanFicFare (3, 24, 13) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 4, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 5) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 3) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 25) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Import List (1, 5, 1) && Job Spy (1, 0, 188) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 11, 8) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 4, 1) && Library Codes (1, 0, 47) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11) && Modify ePub (1, 6, 1) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 85) && Open With (1, 5, 13) && Quality Check (1, 10, 1) && Reading List (1, 6, 18) && Save To Format (0, 0, 6) && SmartEject (2, 3, 0) && Sum Column (0, 3, 0) && View Manager (1, 6, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.sum_column.action", line 146, in show_configuration
  File "calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 158, in do_user_config
  File "calibre_plugins.sum_column.__init__", line 65, in config_widget
  File "calibre_plugins.sum_column.config", line 88, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.sum_column.config", line 101, in _get_custom_columns
AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'iteritems'
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2020, 07:24 PM   #18
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Er...crap. I downloaded both versions but accidentally installed the wrong one. It works now.
Old 12-30-2020, 06:13 PM   #19
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I'm on Calibre 5.8.1. I downloaded davidfor's python3 version Sum Column-beta-py3.zip.

I'd like to use the plugin to add up the filesizes, as shown in the column titled "Size (MB)". But when I try to configure the app, it's not an option. The only option in the Configure window is "Read Percent".

Why can't I use this plugin to add up the numbers in the Size column?
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 06:20 PM   #20
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I noticed the same. According to one of the earlier posts, it does support floating-point numbers, and Size is one.

Note that this is for your backup project, it'll be off for any books with multiple formats - the Size column only shows the largest (or default, can't remember).

Last edited by ownedbycats; 12-30-2020 at 06:24 PM.
Advert
Old 12-30-2020, 06:26 PM   #21
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I noticed the same. According to one of the earlier posts, it does support floating-point numbers, and Size is one.

Note that this is for your backup project, it'll be off for any books with multiple formats - the Size column only shows the largest (or default, can't remember).
ah, okay. i just removed the sum plug-in and created a CSV catalog of a selection of books (PDFs) and used Libreoffice to give me a total (10098492507). i wanted just a rough number, so several titles in multiple formats shouldn't make a big difference. (Yes, you're right, it's for my backup project.)
Old 12-30-2020, 10:55 PM   #22
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
That's because the plugin was designed to work only with custom columns. I had to modify mine to work with 'Size' too.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 11:07 PM   #23
droopy
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
That's because the plugin was designed to work only with custom columns. I had to modify mine to work with 'Size' too.
perhaps future development on the plugin can remove the custom-column-only limitation.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:13 AM   #24
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
ah, okay. i just removed the sum plug-in and created a CSV catalog of a selection of books (PDFs) and used Libreoffice to give me a total (10098492507). i wanted just a rough number, so several titles in multiple formats shouldn't make a big difference. (Yes, you're right, it's for my backup project.)
On Windows, you don't need calibre to get the size of a folder.

Firstly make sure "Display file size information in folder tips" is checked in File Explorer->Folder Options->View->Advanced settings, viz :

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-12-31 152625.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	184386

Hover your mouse over the folder and wait while it scans the folder, or show the properties of the folder in question

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-12-31 152807.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	184388

If you want a utility that offers an option to exclude 'hardlinks' from its size calculations try File Menu Tools, if you want something with lots of options try Jam's Treesize Free tool from the MS Store.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-31-2020 at 12:17 AM. Reason: clarify
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 12:48 AM   #25
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

There's also a number of pretty good folder-size utilities, although most are only for Windows. I've used RidNacs, WizTree, WinDirStat, and JDiskReport. The last one is cross-platform, but requires Java (yuck).
Old 04-03-2022, 06:22 PM   #26
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@Moderators

Could you please update the first post to point to Post #9 by Davidfor which has the link for a working version of the plugin. The plugin version in the first post is broken.
I have also made the mistake of downloading and installing the incorrect version.

Thanks.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 10:05 PM   #27
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Beta: Updates for calibre v6/Qt6

I will update the released version, but, the changes for calibre 6/Qt6 are extremely simple. I just had to remove all the Qt classes that were not being used. It works here for my quick tests in both calibre 5.40 and the Qt6 beta. If someone else confirms this, I can update the first post.

@dunhill: Do you still have the Spanish translation? You link no longer works and I don't seem to have grabbed the files at the time.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sum Column-beta-qt6.zip (13.6 KB, 185 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 10:37 PM   #28
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Do you have the mods? I agree it would be good to work with all numeric columns. I can work it out if you don't still have it, but, I am lazy
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 10:41 PM   #29
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hi @davidfor, thanks for the update.
Using Win10 Calibre 64bit v5.40
The addon installed as v0.3.2
I summed 9 lists and all worked ok for me here. Some lists had no word count or a combination of with and without, and all summed ok.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 10:23 AM   #30
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Do you have the mods? I agree it would be good to work with all numeric columns. I can work it out if you don't still have it, but, I am lazy
Hi @davidfor

I only added 'Size'. I think that's the only standard field that fits the criteria, right?
Below is my modified version, including a pt_BR translation too.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sum Column - Modified.zip (18.7 KB, 91 views)
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, plugin