Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #16
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Ok. I have installed the new firmware.
The update went without problem.
The device retains current theme and other settings and files.

Now, where is the beef?

- Those ridiculous page numbers in margins of epub are still there, and now they are extremely small, so both camps are going to get annoyed. Those that do not want the numbers will be annoyed because numbers are still there, those that need/want the numbers will be annoyed because the pagenumbers are very, very small now.
- I can't see any other change in Adobe Reader EDIT: there are 6 font sizes instead of 3, I am going back to the graynm76 version of FBReader
- It uses the good old FBReader, without options third-party versions have
- It does not add win1250 codepage to the list of formats.

Last edited by kacir; 03-12-2010 at 01:46 PM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Do we now have more than three font sizes for ePub files? That's my main issue with the "old" firmware.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #18
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do we now have more than three font sizes for ePub files? That's my main issue with the "old" firmware.
There are 6 sizes. With quite large step ... OK, OK ... I am spoiled rotten with the third party FBReader (graynm76-fbreader180-app-0.8.0) where I have any font size I wish.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #19
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by norciom View Post
Made the update.
I see a change at long books names

What else?
Adobe Viewer has been updated (smaller page numbers, for example)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #20
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 360
I see a new "Last open books" philosophy. A pop-up list, where you are. Very nice.
But what is that "profile"? And how does double press work? (Key mapping for on/off)
norciom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #21
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by norciom View Post
I see a new "Last open books" philosophy. A pop-up list, where you are. Very nice.
But what is that "profile"? And how does double press work? (Key mapping for on/off)
You map a function to short press, for example Last Read Books, and another function for doubleclick on on/off button, like lock keyboard.
Now, if you press on/off twice *very* quickly you get locked keyboard.

Actually, the list of last read books anywhere, not just inside the reading applications is great.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #22
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
You map a function to short press, for example Last Read Books, and another function for doubleclick on on/off button, like lock keyboard..
Let me emphasize that.

Now, if you press on/off twice very quickly you get locked keyboard.
norciom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #23
Anders Eriksson
Connoisseur
Anders Eriksson doesn't litterAnders Eriksson doesn't litter

Device: a blue Opus
Hello this is my first posting, I have had a PRS-500 then a PRS-505 which I like alot, and I bought a PRS-300 for my sister, I even had BeBook One (Letto, Swedish version) for a week (slow and awkward to use). But now I have got my PB360!!!

I got my first e-reader mainly for reading technical pdf's which was not as good as I hoped for, I learned how to convert etc. But lately (5-6 months) I have started to read a lot of novels both in English and in Swedish, it works great here in Sweden to borrow e-books (you can borrow 3 every week and they can be read for 28days, and they seems to arrive faster and faster).

The PB360 with 101.14.2 works much better then I thought with technical PDF's, but for the borrowed EPUB's it is annoying that it "forgets" the last page read, when it is turned off and on. Is this fixed in this latest version?
Anders Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:49 AM   #24
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
It's 7z, that's a free compression format that can be extracted with the free 7zip software. I don't know why they're using that, honestly.
Because it's the standard open source compression format. Even if i have 7zip in my computer, I understand that open-source oriented programming has this kind of issues.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:41 AM   #25
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Eriksson View Post
Is this fixed in this latest version?
Yes
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:42 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Initial comments on new firmware:

1. The extra font sizes in the ADE viewer are great! Completely solves the problem of the big "jump" that previously existed between the "small" and "medium" size when there were only three sizes. Thanks for that!

2. The folder list now displays metadata (author/title) rather than filenames.

3. Unfortunately, the "double boot" bug is still present with the new firmware. A pity that this hasn't been fixed, but no big deal.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:36 AM   #27
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Initial comments on new firmware:

1. The extra font sizes in the ADE viewer are great! Completely solves the problem of the big "jump" that previously existed between the "small" and "medium" size when there were only three sizes. Thanks for that!

2. The folder list now displays metadata (author/title) rather than filenames.

3. Unfortunately, the "double boot" bug is still present with the new firmware. A pity that this hasn't been fixed, but no big deal.
@3: Yes, really a shame. It seems that correcting this was a bit more involved than we first thought. Still working on it.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:50 AM   #28
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
@3: Yes, really a shame. It seems that correcting this was a bit more involved than we first thought. Still working on it.
Please, please, pretty please. Add possibility of selecting win1250 codepage manually in fbreader. It can't be that difficult.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:29 AM   #29
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Please, please, pretty please. Add possibility of selecting win1250 codepage manually in fbreader. It can't be that difficult.
There are already at the latest firmware.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:09 AM   #30
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
There are already at the latest firmware.
Now that I have looked again, I see that there is, indeed, Windows 1250 option under Eastern Europe menu.

Thank you very much.
Not that I read many non-English books, but readers in several Central European countries can now read their books without the need of conversion to UTF8.
Thank you again!