Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-19-2009, 06:31 AM   #1
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Holiday reading blitz

I just finished 2 weeks holiday and I think I just about wore my reader out
As I broke my average of 1 to 1 1/2 ebooks a week by reading 5 ebooks in 2 weeks I was wondering how many ebooks per week people usually read when they can dispense with pesky activities like work
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:40 AM   #2
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
It depends. Sometime I read multiple books a day, sometime less than one per week or two. Since I got my reader (16 months back) I read slightly more than 160 books on it.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2009, 08:19 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
On vacation, I usually do two or three a week. Non-vacation, I'm lucky to get one read every two weeks. Sigh!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
crash86
Enthusiast
crash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle 3, K4 and PW 1st gen
When I go on holiday i usually read a book a day by the pool... some are pretty long (400 pages and upwards) but in non holiday mode, I average out at about a book a week.
crash86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:21 AM   #5
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
I'd say about a book a week. Anywhere from 300-500 pages. I'm trying to accomplish more though.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2009, 06:33 AM   #6
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

I feel so normal in an ebook fanatic kind of way
I haven't managed an ebook a day yet but I have done an ebook in 2 days over a lazy weekend.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:05 AM   #7
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I can easily manage a book a day on vacation. Easily. I am a very fast reader.

I am about to about 18 for the summer so far, and that's with working (more hours than my school-year job) and taking a course AND preparing to move. And camp ends on the 11th. I will easily hit my 50-book target for the summer.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:15 AM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
When I was in the Bahamas, I read 14 books in one week (although the last two days I wasn't able to read much). It was awesome.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:01 AM   #9
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
When on holiday/vacation I don't read at all. I'm far too busy sightseeing and experiencing this new place. And when I'm not busy with that, I'm too tired and my head too 'busy' to concentrate on reading.

Else, I usually spend an hour or two on reading most days (or more on weekends) and I guess it translates into 2-4 books a week. Some books needs to be read slowly (usually the 'literary' kind) and others you can breeze though (like chick-lit and light mystery's).
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
For me, it depends on the book in question. A Book can take a lot less time (or feel like it) to read the more I can lose myself in it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:05 PM   #11
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
It depends. I can go anywhere from a book or two a day,to one book over the course of several weeks.Depends on the book.On my reader I find I tend to read more,because I can easily switch gears/genres/books.When I go on vacation,depends on the type of vacations- on a R&R only vacation,I can easily go through 3 books a day,sitting by the pool/at beach /ski lodge etc-depends on how active I am. Heading on vacation next month,and am trying to "stock" the reader with books (light reading),but I am suspecting I will still end up taking some regular books (to read and also puzzle books).This will be the first real "relaxation only" trip I will have taken since I bought either Sony reader...

So far this summer-I forget the count-I have to go look on goodreads,where I try (my best) to keep up my reading list current...
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #12
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I agree with narbeauchamp -- it depends. Many of our holidays involve long trips in the car and I am either reading or sleeping while the hubby drives. So, on the 3-day trip from Reno back to our home in north Texas, I read 6 books on my Kindle and Sony readers ~2400 pages, based on the pBook page counts. I'll be taking my Kindle with me to Ireland in September and we'll see how much reading I get done when I'm actively sight-seeing.

I keep a list on my laptop & then transfer the information to Goodreads and my reading blog.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #13
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
Elsi- totally understand....

If its a road trip,if I'm not driving (which is usually) I read.When I sightsee I barely read-BUT I haven't had a "sightsee" sort of vacation since I bought any of my readers (although when I did read on my palms-typically I would read nights/mornings).On long flights (5 hours and up),I've read a book or two or even three-depending on if I'm traveling alone or with company,or if I don't have other things to do while flying.Last trip to UK I read maybe 5 books on the flights....It so makes my "carry on" tote SOOO much lighter now...

One of my resolutions this year,is to keep better track of what I am reading and when.But sometimes I get so engrossed in what I'm reading that its several weeks later,and suddenly I'm adding 15-20 books to the list of books read.

I'm hoping to read about 10 books or so on my vacation in August- the more books I read,the less I will want to work....
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:03 AM   #14
tech_au
Oz Bookworm

I bow down to the master ebook readers
I take it that you are counting full size paperback size books(300-400 real pages or around 600-800 Sony reader pages)
I guess I was reading around 3 hours or so a day.