Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-14-2017, 11:28 AM   #1
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Returning Oasis 2

Last night I went back to reading my Voyage in bed, my pinky was sore from supporting the Oasis.

Today I got an offer from Amazon to return the Oasis and the cover for full refund plus promo $ and sadly I have decided to do it.

While I love the looks of the Oasis, the ergonomics are just not working for me.
I would prefer a tall reader like the excellent PRS950, not a wider one, with a non-slippery back and a sturdy cover.

Also, my Voyage has a much better contrast, Oasis screen seems foggy.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:49 PM   #2
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
The voyager is a great reader. However, I find the Oasis 2 the best for me. The light sensor actually works and it gives me the storage of my dreams. Sorry to hear it did not work out for you.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:39 PM   #3
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
And I prefer the Paperwhite. Isn't it great to have choices?
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:23 AM   #4
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
And I prefer the Paperwhite. Isn't it great to have choices?
Lol! So true, I still have 4 kindles.

The Paperwhite 2 is my alternate, excellen device , I just prefer the cool blue screen of the Voyage.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:06 AM   #5
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wonder if Amazon Kindle regrets having a deep bench with a very strong entry-level model and then three excellent upper-level with the Paperwhite, the Voyage, and the new Oasis.

With a proper case, I would have kept using the Voyage. The Origami Case was really, really cute but lacking in all other respects. I bought five or six third-party cases and none functioned properly.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:14 AM   #6
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Quote:
I wonder if Amazon Kindle regrets having a deep bench with a very strong entry-level model and then three excellent upper-level with the Paperwhite, the Voyage, and the new Oasis.
I'm just sorry that they've seemingly abandoned the smaller-and-lighter experiment. I think the fractional battery idea was going a bit too far but other than that I quite like the first Oasis.

Kobo's done the same thing. The lovely little first generation Aura has been downgraded to entry-level (I felt compelled to buy two spare originals on Ebay); the current models are blah, large, and jumbo.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:20 AM   #7
patrickt
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
I'm just sorry that they've seemingly abandoned the smaller-and-lighter experiment. I think the fractional battery idea was going a bit too far but other than that I quite like the first Oasis.

Kobo's done the same thing. The lovely little first generation Aura has been downgraded to entry-level (I felt compelled to buy two spare originals on Ebay); the current models are blah, large, and jumbo.
One of my negatives for the new Oasis is that it won't fit in any of my pockets. I don't normally carry a Kindle in my pocket but I fairly often slip it into a pants pocket or a waist-level pocket on my guayabera shirt.

For example, I was sitting in a food court at the mall reading while I waited for my hamburger. When they called me, I slipped the Kindle into my shirt pocket and went and got my hamburger. A friend of mine was writing on his laptop in a cafe across from the university. He left the table to visit the bathroom and as he got to the door he looked back and his laptop was gone.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:43 PM   #8
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
For example, I was sitting in a food court at the mall reading while I waited for my hamburger. When they called me, I slipped the Kindle into my shirt pocket and went and got my hamburger. A friend of mine was writing on his laptop in a cafe across from the university. He left the table to visit the bathroom and as he got to the door he looked back and his laptop was gone.
Why would your friend think it would have ended any other way?! Awkward to carry or not, it's pretty stupid to leave a laptop unattended in a public space.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote