Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-28-2022, 04:55 AM   #1
mbb_79
mbb_79 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo sage
books that are not displayed despite the transfer from Calibre.

Hello,

About 60% of my epub and pdf books transferred to my Kobo Sage reader do not appear on the device.
I have searched the forum but I can't find an answer to my question.
(but I'm not bilingual, I must say).

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
mbb_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 05:59 AM   #2
mbb_79

In fact it is when the reader wants to import books, it blocks at 6%.
Maybe corrupted files :/
Advert
Old 10-28-2022, 07:11 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Check the ePub that do not display with epubcheck and the Calibre checker. Chances are there are errors.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 09:06 PM   #4
mbb_79

Thank you so much !
Old 05-19-2023, 10:46 PM   #5
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
Did you ever get this fixed? I got a Sage today and it's doing the same thing. I've checked my books with the checker but it keeps telling me that no books were checked. When I check the kobo folders, the books are there, but they aren't displaying on the Sage. These are the same books that are on my Kobo Libra 2 which does display everything properly.
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2023, 02:25 AM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Where on your Sage are you storing the ebooks? Hopefully, in directories below a directory you created in the root of the Sage's exposed storage. Storing files in the .kobo directory or any of it's subdirectories is a very bad idea.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 12:12 AM   #7
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Where on your Sage are you storing the ebooks? Hopefully, in directories below a directory you created in the root of the Sage's exposed storage. Storing files in the .kobo directory or any of it's subdirectories is a very bad idea.
They are stored on the reader in author folders. They aren't in the .kobo directory.

I fiddled with some of Calibre's settings, uninstalled and re-installed the Kobo Utilities plugin, ran the ebook checkers, etc. Something in all that must have fixed my issue because things are sending/showing up properly now. My Sage was showing the files in folders on the reader, but when I disconnected it from my computer, it wasn't syncing to show the new items. If it did sync, it would hang at 6 or 7%. I don't know what exactly fixed it, but it does seem to be working now.
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 11:05 AM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by anesthezea View Post
If it did sync, it would hang at 6 or 7%. I don't know what exactly fixed it, but it does seem to be working now.
A hang at 6% would suggest that your Sage ran into a book that could not be imported. The import should start at 6% and jump by 88/number of books until it reaches 94% at which point the books are imported and some cleanup is done.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sage don't display