Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-16-2020, 07:01 PM   #33571
cc_in_oh
Joker
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by trichobezoar View Post
CC in Oh, I don't have to buy your toilet paper. I have enough TP for four months! Neener, neener!
Too bad - I'm throwing in an extra square exclusively for MobileReaders. I'm confident I'll be cleaning up with this deal - I'll be flush with cash.

Last edited by cc_in_oh; 03-16-2020 at 09:30 PM.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 07:07 PM   #33572
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Wow, one extra square! You're too generous!
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:20 AM   #33573
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
I'm feeling slightly under the weather today. An slightly sore and itchy throat. Besides that I'm feeling okay. I've got no fever (I keep checking), so that's good. Just to be safe I'm keeping myself isolated from my parents, especially from my mother. Luckily we have a big house.

It might be nothing. It might be allergies; the weather is nice and warm. It might be caused by the acid reflux I'm having atm. It might even be whatever I had earlier in the year rearing its head again, I've been having minor fallbacks like this since I started getting better. Or it might be indeed Covid-19, working in our store I don't have much control over who I get into contact with. To be honest I am a bit scared.

If it gets worse my mother is going to stay at my sister's place.

Right now I'm trying to keep myself entertained. I've done some chores and cleaning this morning and then read for a couple of hours. I'm now going to do some Diamond Painting whilst listening to podcasts (best distracting I've found so far).

I hope everyone else is feeling fine and healthy.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:37 AM   #33574
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I dunno about that

I've also noticed that the people who don't use the 'speciality shops' tend to use supermarket d-i-y checkouts even when there's a empty checkout with an operator. Whereas those that do use the 'speciality shops' tend to do the opposite.

My theory is that the Anglos don't like having to interact with people they don't know, like only 'following' people on SocMed sites or watching/reading MSM that reinforce your opinions and ideas.

Anyway I'm thankful to live in a location where I have some functioning old-style shopping strips nearby.
Are the prices cheaper at the large supermarket stores? That could be another reason some people prefer to shop there.

I use the self checkout lane if I have a small number of prepackaged items. I go to the human cashier if I have non-barcoded items such as fresh produce or if I am buying a lot of stuff because the cashiers are usually faster than I am.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:37 AM   #33575
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I'm feeling slightly under the weather today. An slightly sore and itchy throat. Besides that I'm feeling okay. I've got no fever (I keep checking), so that's good. Just to be safe I'm keeping myself isolated from my parents, especially from my mother. Luckily we have a big house.

It might be nothing. It might be allergies; the weather is nice and warm. It might be caused by the acid reflux I'm having atm. It might even be whatever I had earlier in the year rearing its head again, I've been having minor fallbacks like this since I started getting better. Or it might be indeed Covid-19, working in our store I don't have much control over who I get into contact with. To be honest I am a bit scared.

If it gets worse my mother is going to stay at my sister's place.

Right now I'm trying to keep myself entertained. I've done some chores and cleaning this morning and then read for a couple of hours. I'm now going to do some Diamond Painting whilst listening to podcasts (best distracting I've found so far).

I hope everyone else is feeling fine and healthy.
I sure hope you are just having an allergy attack or a cold or something else relatively minor!
Old 03-17-2020, 09:47 AM   #33576
4691mls
Wizard

Yes, I recognize this is completely a first-world non-serious issue and no, I'm not really all that worked up about it, but....
Anyone who shops on eBay probably knows that sometimes sellers will send out temporary price reduction offers to people who have items on a watch list. I've actually gotten a few really good deals this way from sellers who were apparently anxious to unload their stuff. But some sellers offer such a small discount that you wonder why they bother. If the item I'm watching is buy-it-now priced at $29.99 and you send out an offer for $28.99, do you really think that is a big motivation?

And lately I've gotten some of these offers on items that weren't even on my watch list - just things I had looked at while browsing and decided I didn't want. I guess I should look through the settings and see if there's a way to stop those.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:04 AM   #33577
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I sure hope you are just having an allergy attack or a cold or something else relatively minor!
Ditto, Rumple!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:43 AM   #33578
John F
Wizard
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I dunno about that

I've also noticed that the people who don't use the 'speciality shops' tend to use supermarket d-i-y checkouts even when there's a empty checkout with an operator. Whereas those that do use the 'speciality shops' tend to do the opposite.

My theory is that the Anglos don't like having to interact with people they don't know, like only 'following' people on SocMed sites or watching/reading MSM that reinforce your opinions and ideas.

Anyway I'm thankful to live in a location where I have some functioning old-style shopping strips nearby.
Which reminds me to rant...

Cashier, If I'm checking out and you ask me how I am doing, and I reply fine, don't tell me about your problems; do you really want me to tell you about my crotch itch and the itching is driving me crazy.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 12:12 PM   #33579
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hope you feel better soon, Rumpelteazer.

I'm staring out my balcony at a poor man who's lying on an abandoned couch by the dumpster. He probably didn't get any sleep last night. (The homeless shelters in Albuquerque cater to families and women, not to men.) It puts my worries and minor problems in perspective... I wonder how long he'll lie there. More than likely, for a few hours. No one will call the police, they'll just let him lie there and rest.
Old 03-18-2020, 05:17 PM   #33580
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

I have enough protein, green chile and tortillas to last me the next few weeks. *sigh of relief*
Old 04-01-2020, 11:24 AM   #33581
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

OMG, I have to buy a money order so I could pay rent; I called Walmart to ask about their Money Center hours (where one purchases money orders) and I was told that the line reaches all the way to women's garments! And their system's slow!
Old 04-01-2020, 01:18 PM   #33582
4691mls
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by trichobezoar View Post
OMG, I have to buy a money order so I could pay rent; I called Walmart to ask about their Money Center hours (where one purchases money orders) and I was told that the line reaches all the way to women's garments! And their system's slow!
Can you get to the post office? Around here the lines at the post office have been shorter than usual.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:01 PM   #33583
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

I went to Quick Track, a convenience store, and there were no lines! It was cheaper too.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 04-02-2020, 12:42 AM   #33584
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
After making a Mad Max style dash to the stores this morning, standing in line at both of them, and buying a couple hundred dollars worth of groceries (which should keep our son fed for a few days) I got something from the freezer, tonight. It didn't "feel" cold enough. The extra loaves of bread that I stashed there this morning were not as frozen as they should have been. I got the thermometer from the garage and checked the temperature -- it read 32 degrees (Fahrenheit. The proper temperature for a freezer is between zero and minus ten degrees F.)

Well, poop!

I tried to remember the last time I cleaned the coils ... and realized it has been ... a while. So I cleaned them off. (Carefully! No need to screw something else up! The last thing I needed was to hear a "pop", a "hiss", and see something blowing around.)

Half an hour later and it looks like the temperature has fallen to 22 degrees. Hopefully, that was it.

An hour later and it was down to eight degrees. But, I'm still going to worry about it for the next few months.

As an aside, how do appliances know when it's the absolute worst possible time to have a problem?
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:35 AM   #33585
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
... As an aside, how do appliances know when it's the absolute worst possible time to have a problem?
Artificial Intelligence

Shopping-wise things are sort of returning to normal here, I had a podiatry appointment this morning, on my way there I passed a pharmacist that had a 'We have masks and hand sanitiser' sign in the window, so a grabbed some of those - prices weren't too bad. After seeing the podiatrist I caught the bus to a supermarket to get some milk - they had toilet paper, tissues, and paper towels so I grabbed some of them, and the milk but I forgot the stock.

To the 'only 5 at wedding and 10 at funeral' public health order, they've added 'and only 2 on a walk' clause.

In one of our states you were allowed to take your dog for a walk but not your child, and you weren't allowed to sleep with your ----friend if you didn't live together. I think they've 'fixed' both.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness