Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-15-2020, 06:27 AM   #76
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Oh, you're doing it wrong; you need to type in the name of your book after. So something like

Code:
kepubify.exe --inplace --calibre book.epub
if kepubify and your book are in the same folder. If the book is in a different folder, you'll have to type out the entire location of the book (ex. C:\path\to\book.epub).

geek1011 also answered your question in the version 3.0 thread. Just copy/paste what he wrote into a file named kepubify.bat and drag your book onto that instead if you don't want to type things out manually.

Last edited by rtiangha; 03-15-2020 at 06:32 AM.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:55 AM   #77
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Since I seem to be doing these batch files for people quite a bit, I'm considering adding an option which saves the current options into a batch file. The other options would be to save it into a config file (but that might cause confusion when helping people) or to edit the binary itself (same issue, but it would also trigger some virus scanners).
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 01:15 AM   #78
lealla
Enthusiast
lealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Try making a batch file like:

Code:
@cd %~dp0
@kepubify.exe --inplace --calibre %*

Thank you, that worked perfectly. The only thing I'd like to add is if it could save the file in the same directory as the original epub, rather than where I have the bat file. Is that possible? I've spent half an hour trying a few variations of --output, but no success so far, and I'm sure you know the answer off the top of your head
lealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 01:16 AM   #79
lealla
Enthusiast
lealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
Oh, you're doing it wrong; you need to type in the name of your book after. So something like

Code:
kepubify.exe --inplace --calibre book.epub
if kepubify and your book are in the same folder. If the book is in a different folder, you'll have to type out the entire location of the book (ex. C:\path\to\book.epub).

geek1011 also answered your question in the version 3.0 thread. Just copy/paste what he wrote into a file named kepubify.bat and drag your book onto that instead if you don't want to type things out manually.
Thank you rtianga, I figured I really was doing something wrong! I'm much more on the right track now!
Old 03-16-2020, 01:32 AM   #80
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lealla View Post
Thank you, that worked perfectly. The only thing I'd like to add is if it could save the file in the same directory as the original epub, rather than where I have the bat file. Is that possible? I've spent half an hour trying a few variations of --output, but no success so far, and I'm sure you know the answer off the top of your head
Code:
@%~dp0\kepubify.exe --inplace --calibre %*
Old 03-16-2020, 08:36 PM   #81
lealla
Enthusiast

Quote:
Code:
@%~dp0\kepubify.exe --inplace --calibre %*
You're a superstar, that works like a charm.
Thanks so much again, I love kepubify
Old 03-31-2020, 10:44 PM   #82
geek1011
Wizard

kepubify v3.1.1

I've released kepubify 3.1.1.

This release mainly focuses on performance improvements and dependency updates.

Improvements:
  • Batch conversion is now 40-70% faster and makes full use of the CPU (see cbb9af0 for details).
  • Go has been updated to 1.14.
Bugfixes:
  • A bug where smartening punctuation could cause HTML entities to be double-escaped has been fixed.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:14 PM   #83
avresbo
Enthusiast
avresbo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD / Kobo Libra H2O
Can a non-kobo ereader read a xxxx.kepub.epub book?
Thank you for your answer
avresbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 12:44 PM   #84
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yes. It'll be needlessly more complex to parse (lots of useless spans), but it's still perfectly valid ePub.

I'm not *quite* sure why you'd want to do that, but, it'll work.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 12:47 PM   #85
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by avresbo View Post
Can a non-kobo ereader read a xxxx.kepub.epub book?
Thank you for your answer
Yes. A kepub adds a mass of spans with individual IDs around each sentence plus some extra divs and CSS. I haven't seen any of these have an effect on the displayed text but they are used by the Kobo ACCESS renderer for location when highlighting, etc.

Kobo uses two renderers, one is the Adobe RMSDK used for epubs and pdfs either with no DRM or using Adobe' ADEPT DRM), the other is based on the ACCESS epub3 renderer used for kepubs).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 04:57 PM   #86
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is a bug in the KePubify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Can I make a suggestion that before you release your new version of KTE that you correct the included hyphenation.css file.

The existing file has always contained invalid webkit CSS properties:
Code:
-webkit-hyphenate-after: 3;
-webkit-hyphenate-before: 3;
-webkit-hyphenate-lines: 2;
For kepubs those property names should be:
Code:
-webkit-hyphenate-limit-after: 3;
-webkit-hyphenate-limit-before: 3;
-webkit-hyphenate-limit-lines: 2;
I don't use the last one, -webkit-hyphenate-limit-lines, myself but the first 2 seem to respond OK when you change the values.
Yes this quote if from the KoboTouchExtended driver thread but KePubify uses the same incorrect code.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:03 AM   #87
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There is a bug in the KePubify.
Thanks for the report! I'll fix it in the next version.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:30 AM   #88
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the report! I'll fix it in the next version.
Happy to help.While you are at it, can you remove -webkit-hyphenate-limit-lines: 2; or make it an option to add it? One other thing, can you put the hyphenation code in the CSS instead of every HTML? Put it in the <body>. Thanks.

Last edited by JSWolf; 04-13-2020 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-08-2020, 12:06 PM   #89
avresbo
Enthusiast
avresbo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD / Kobo Libra H2O
I use to add width="100%" in my cover html. After converting to kepub it works on Sigil but not on my reader (Libra H20)
Thanks.
avresbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:42 PM   #90
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by avresbo View Post
I use to add width="100%" in my cover html. After converting to kepub it works on Sigil but not on my reader (Libra H20)
Thanks.
Do you really want to artificially stretch the cover so it looks odd?

Tags
conversion, epub, kepub, kepubify