Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-24-2022, 10:52 AM   #31
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars95 View Post
No errors. Just tried patching my Aura E2 with the same kobopatch config and it works flawlessly.
I have once again reflashed the 4.34 firmware on the Libra, patched the firmware (triple checked it's the correct firmware package I've downloaded) and again, the device runs the the package and updates as it should, the changes just doesn't apply. Sigh.. I give up
Not about errors. Maybe the patches that you intend to use are not rnabled (maybe enabled in the indivifual nickrl and libnickel files but overridden in your yaml file. Did you look athis possibility already?
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 11:13 AM   #32
Mars95
Mars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheese

Device: AuraE2, Poke 3, PW5, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Not about errors. Maybe the patches that you intend to use are not rnabled (maybe enabled in the indivifual nickrl and libnickel files but overridden in your yaml file. Did you look athis possibility already?
I have only edited the individual nickel and libnickel files, not made any overrides.
As I mentioned, it works on my Aura.

The log https://pastebin.com/aBCStD2K
Mars95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2022, 12:25 PM   #33
Mars95
Mars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheese

Device: AuraE2, Poke 3, PW5, Libra 2
Wtf, tried a different USB cable and suddenly it worked... The cable has been working fine for transferring books, updating the firmware, installing nickel menu etc... I have no idea what difference it made...
Mars95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 09:43 AM   #34
ro.nin
ro.nin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 413Michele View Post
I installed the new firmware on my Libra 2 and and my 3 patches still don't work (since 4.32, I think):

I see that I'm not the only one having these problems, and they're still present for me. I tried both un-force patches on three different e-books and it worked on none of them (using option 2 on the font-family one). I am also using NickelMenu, but that didn't matter before 4.32, the only cause I can imagine is some internal change made by Kobo
I'm actually glad to have seen your post, seems I'm not the only one - I thought I was going mad. Been having trouble patching since 4.31 on my Libra 2 as well.

I've made sure to check if the patches aren't missing in the current version's changelog, .tgz outputs fine, log indicates no problems but they never seem to apply on my device. Flashes, device says it's updating, reboots and nothing seems to have changed. Super odd.

Weirder yet is that it does work eventually, will take anywhere from 10-20+ consecutive tries of copying over the .tgz, letting it flash, if it doesn't work, try again. Can't seem to have found anything consistent about it, I've done all sorts, making sure to uninstall nickelmenu and nickelclock before flashing, running kobopatch (ie. outputting) on my root drive instead of removable storage. Both of these seem to have worked for me but I can't imagine why, just seems like a coincidence if anything.

The only thing that has been consistent about getting the patches to apply is just keep repeating it until it works eventually.

Really curious behaviour. Don't want to seem like I'm complaining, not my intention, glad that it works at all and grateful that kobopatch exists. Just wanted to report my experience because I thought it was just me until now!

Last edited by ro.nin; 09-25-2022 at 09:47 AM.
ro.nin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 10:24 AM   #35
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
So it took me three goes , Mars95 many more, and you many more too - assuming the different USB cable was coincidence .. very odd.
I'd be surprised if it's the patch at fault, perhaps just one of the peculiar glitches built into the Libra 2 firmware?
But it is reassuring that we're not on our own with this
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2022, 06:47 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 413Michele View Post
I installed the new firmware on my Libra 2 and and my 3 patches still don't work (since 4.32, I think):

I see that I'm not the only one having these problems, and they're still present for me. I tried both un-force patches on three different e-books and it worked on none of them (using option 2 on the font-family one). I am also using NickelMenu, but that didn't matter before 4.32, the only cause I can imagine is some internal change made by Kobo
Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs is one I have set to no. I don't care to override. When you do override the justification, you override center and right.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 02:09 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Would it be possible for someone versed in the patches to create a patch that stops the series name from being converted to uppercase? Thanks.
Old 10-23-2022, 03:38 PM   #38
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Would it be possible for someone versed in the patches to create a patch that stops the series name from being converted to uppercase? Thanks.
You raised this issue on GitHub in Feb 2021. As you can see it's still a live issue. The only person/people with the ability to action it know it's there. I think you're just going to have to be patient.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 03:54 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
You raised this issue on GitHub in Feb 2021. As you can see it's still a live issue. The only person/people with the ability to action it know it's there. I think you're just going to have to be patient.
I didn't remember that was there. Maybe it was just forgotten and not dealt with. I cannot say.

I do hope it can be patched.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-23-2022 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-29-2022, 01:08 PM   #40
xpirad
xpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: kobo aura one
Is there a way to disable “ Swipe down while you're reading to easily switch between your 3 most recently viewed items.”

This feature is kinda annoying when i intend to check battery status or reading settings but instead bring down this "switch between your 3 most recently viewed items" feature
xpirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 06:03 PM   #41
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Following a request in the kobopatch request thread here is a beta patch for anyone who would prefer to see the names in the MyBooks Authors List and/or Collections List without the italics. I've tested in the current firmware, 4.34.20097, but it should work equally well in any firmware released in 2022.

If you decide to try it please leave any comments in this thread. I'll use any feedback (or lack thereof) to decide whether to include it in the standard kobopatch pack for future firmwares.

Copy into your copy of nickel.yaml (or wherever you normally store your customised nickel.yaml patches).
Spoiler:
Code:
beta Customise Authors List and Collections List names:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: Change font style of MyBooks Authors/Collections names

# Part 1: Authors List name
  - FindZlib: "AuthorsListWidget" # qss/AuthorsListWidget.qss
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        # #hTitle Author name label to non-italic
        - Find:    "#hTitle {\n  qproperty-maxNumLines: 1;\n}"
          Replace: "#hTitle {\n  qproperty-maxNumLines:1; font-style:normal;\n}"

# Part 2: Collections List name
  - FindZlib: "GenericListWidget" # qss/GenericListWidget.qss
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        # #hTitle Collection name label to non-italic
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 11:40 PM   #42
AnAccountName
AnAccountName began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Following a request in the kobopatch request thread here is a beta patch for anyone who would prefer to see the names in the MyBooks Authors List and/or Collections List without the italics. I've tested in the current firmware, 4.34.20097, but it should work equally well in any firmware released in 2022.

If you decide to try it please leave any comments in this thread. I'll use any feedback (or lack thereof) to decide whether to include it in the standard kobopatch pack for future firmwares.

Copy into your copy of nickel.yaml (or wherever you normally store your customised nickel.yaml patches).
Spoiler:
Code:
beta Customise Authors List and Collections List names:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: Change font style of MyBooks Authors/Collections names

# Part 1: Authors List name
  - FindZlib: "AuthorsListWidget" # qss/AuthorsListWidget.qss
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        # #hTitle Author name label to non-italic

# Part 2: Collections List name
  - FindZlib: "GenericListWidget" # qss/GenericListWidget.qss
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        # #hTitle Collection name label to non-italic
Hi, thank you so so so much!!!!! I just tried it and it works perfectly with my software.
AnAccountName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 01:25 PM   #43
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
Quote:

Works well on my Clara. Could you explain how kobo is reading author names?
I use {authors}, ln, fn, and kobo gives me all kinds of different results. Just first name, just initials, just fn and initial and sometimes last name. Makes the authors page pretty useless. Is that normal or something I probably did?
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 01:42 PM   #44
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
I use {authors}, ln, fn, and kobo gives me all kinds of different results. Just first name, just initials, just fn and initial and sometimes last name. Makes the authors page pretty useless. Is that normal or something I probably did?
Kobo wants the author names as FN LN
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 03:03 PM   #45
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Kobo wants the author names as FN LN
And multiple authors are separated by a , so you send "LN, FN", the result is that your Kobo thinks you have two authors.

I.e. "Ringo, John & Sherrer, Lydia" give you Ringo as one author, John & Sherrer as the 2nd author author and Lydia as the 3rd author. Whereas "John Ringo, Lydia Sherrer" gives you two authors with a first and last name.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching