Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-04-2022, 12:06 AM   #1
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Calibre Companion + Cloud Connection - 'database damaged'

hi,
Windows 11
large (approx 30k books, approx 110 Gb) library in Calibre.
Calibre Companion 5.4.4.20 (412)(last one).
Calibre's library itself in Dropbox. Automatic online-only mode/smart sync is not enabled
Several devices with CC.
First connect to cloud library is ok.
If calibre is not shutdown at this thime - next one from some device or other devices(!) is not - says database is damaged and show library selection dialog except there is nothing to select. Only 'reset cloud connection' on all devices and reconnect helps.
If Calibre is shutdown at this time - everything works. usually. until next day.

How to fix this?
local library on microsd doesn't look like option (CC can't connect at all - can't open it due to size, it can open smaller versions).
Dropping CC is not preferred option(I arleady use Bookfusion as secondary solution but it's still doesn't have everything necessary).
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 09:01 AM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I've no technical answer for you, but CC is abandonware. At some point it is going to stop working as OS updates come along and CC can't talk to the new versions.

I've seen many mentions of why you shouldn't use a cloud service to store your Calibre library. That may be part of your problem as well.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2022, 10:20 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
I've no technical answer for you, but CC is abandonware. At some point it is going to stop working as OS updates come along and CC can't talk to the new versions.

I've seen many mentions of why you shouldn't use a cloud service to store your Calibre library. That may be part of your problem as well.
Good catch.
I thought their 'cloud library' was a Replica of the real one (the proper way to do it).

I second the suggestion to move away from CC while things still work.
(I think the original developers got tired of trying to keep up with Androids constant changes and sold it off.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloud library, dropbox