Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 02-04-2023, 03:05 AM   #1
miss_p1nky
Enthusiast
miss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enough

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro
Calibre update causes the Viewer to look low-res

Hello, I've just updated to Calibre 6.12 and now all books' fonts and images looks low-res or 'broken' (don't know the proper term). Attached are some screenshots.

https://puu.sh/Jyp3O/5757d0b90c.png

https://puu.sh/Jyp3U/3ee6cb81c9.png

https://puu.sh/Jyp3Z/fd5c7da07e.png

https://puu.sh/Jyp45/f182154e86.png
miss_p1nky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 03:17 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
On what operating system? And have you customized the fonts in either calibre or the viewer settings?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 10:07 AM   #3
miss_p1nky
Enthusiast
miss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
On what operating system? And have you customized the fonts in either calibre or the viewer settings?
Windows.
No, I never customize anything related with Viewers.
Previously all books look normal. Only after this latest update.
Old 02-04-2023, 10:33 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looks fine on my windows system even with the update.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:21 AM   #5
miss_p1nky
Enthusiast

What can I provide to give proof of this and to help fix this?
Old 02-07-2023, 09:24 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try changing the font being used and see if that helps.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 11:28 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You are welcome to attachan ebook that does not render well for you. But I am pretty certain this is font related, so once again check your font settings in both main calibre and the viewer preferences.
Old 02-07-2023, 08:36 PM   #8
miss_p1nky
Enthusiast

Each book displays different fonts as they come from the publisher. If you can point out where can I change the font setting though? I didn't tweak much of my Calibre besides installing plugins & setting up my toolbar.
Old 02-07-2023, 08:38 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Preferences->Look & feel in calibre and Preferences->Fonts in the viewer.
Old 02-08-2023, 09:12 AM   #10
miss_p1nky
Enthusiast

Don't find any under Look & Feel

https://puu.sh/JyKYD/c45574c912.png

I found something similar in Conversion >> Common Options though.

https://puu.sh/JyKYM/be02712551.png
Old 02-08-2023, 09:34 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You are looking in the wrong place. Not The Library settings. VIEWER SETTINGS
(and it is not called Look & Feel on my systems Viewer, just Preferences:fonts)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Viewer settings.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	199582   Click image for larger version

Name:	Viewer Fonts.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	199583  
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 09:14 PM   #12
miss_p1nky
Enthusiast

I deleted my Calibre program menu, so I only have Calibre shortcut in my desktop. When I go to Program Files and access the folder where Calibre is installed, I have ebook-viewer.exe, when I open it, no setting whatsoever

https://puu.sh/JyO6c/1dc6662b3f.png

I do have lrfviewer.exe that has a setting but it can't be used to open anything.

I should also probably mention my Calibre's main body (where it has alternating grey and white for each books) also likes to change slightly when I do something, like the color fades when I click something.

I give up now I think. I hope the next update will change something. Everything was fine up to 6.11 and all the books open normally in other readers but it's a lot more convenient to open it directly in Calibre.
Old 02-08-2023, 09:38 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Opena book, right click anywhere in the book text, click on preferences
Old 02-09-2023, 09:06 AM   #14
miss_p1nky
Enthusiast

Yes I already tried that earlier on and nothing changed. ToC on the left hand side displays normally, the book covers in the main Calibre window displays normally, just the content of the book that looks pixelated.
Old 02-09-2023, 09:20 AM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Then I suggest you stick with calibre 6.11