Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-14-2022, 08:45 AM   #76
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano.sb View Post
No, it's the same MOBI ebook (title "Tutti i pedoni del re") that is sideloaded via email to my kindle. It' s not converted with Calibre.

Stefano
Yes, but...I'm contemplating the metadata. @Jhowell?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:24 PM   #77
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yes, but...I'm contemplating the metadata. @Jhowell?
stefano.sb stated that the books were sent to their Kindle using email. Amazon will have replaced the metadata in those books to mark them as personal documents (CDEContentType=PDOC) regardless of what they contained originally.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 04:01 AM   #78
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
stefano.sb stated that the books were sent to their Kindle using email. Amazon will have replaced the metadata in those books to mark them as personal documents (CDEContentType=PDOC) regardless of what they contained originally.
It's correct. Every MOBI that I sideloaded into kindle appears as Personal Document even if it's converted with Calibre using Personal Doc tag = EBOK

Stefano
stefano.sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 04:17 AM   #79
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano.sb View Post
It's correct. Every MOBI that I sideloaded into kindle appears as Personal Document even if it's converted with Calibre using Personal Doc tag = EBOK
I should note that you'll confuse many people by referring to ebooks sent to your kindle by sending them by email to Amazon as "sideloaded".

Most people used "sideloaded" to mean ebooks copied to a device over USB, not those emailed to the Amazon servers and downloaded to your Kindle from the Amazon servers
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 09:08 AM   #80
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I should note that you'll confuse many people by referring to ebooks sent to your kindle by sending them by email to Amazon as "sideloaded".

Most people used "sideloaded" to mean ebooks copied to a device over USB, not those emailed to the Amazon servers and downloaded to your Kindle from the Amazon servers
Yes.

However, vis: my comment, it's moot because apparently (thank you, @Jhowell for clarity) that he emailed them to his Personal Kindle email addy, which "sideloads" them via the Personal Document Service.

Which then doesn't explain his cover issues.

Hitch
Old 02-15-2022, 11:16 AM   #81
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yes.

However, vis: my comment, it's moot because apparently (thank you, @Jhowell for clarity) that he emailed them to his Personal Kindle email addy, which "sideloads" them via the Personal Document Service.

Which then doesn't explain his cover issues.

Hitch
The cover issue with that one particular book in MOBI format was caused by the cover image being so small that modern Kindles will not display it as a cover thumbnail image. That case rarely comes up so I didn't think of it until I actually saw the book file.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 11:27 AM   #82
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. In not all of my previous posts I wrote "sideloaded via e-mail" ... It would have been better to write "sent by mail"

Stefano
Old 02-15-2022, 11:29 AM   #83
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The cover issue with that one particular book in MOBI format was caused by the cover image being so small that modern Kindles will not display it as a cover thumbnail image. That case rarely comes up so I didn't think of it until I actually saw the book file.
Ah-hah. So, we actually have a solution? Happy day.

(I spend so little time actually messing with eBooks on my "real" Kindle, my own reading device, other than reading them, that all of this is rather...news to me. [smile] I mean, sure, I sideload via USB or wireless and all that, but I don't really invest much time in my libraries, cover images or any of that stuff. The book goes on the Kindle, the book gets read, the book gets archived and that's that. LOL.)

Hitch
Old 04-08-2022, 06:37 AM   #84
stefano.sb
Zealot

Hi everyone,
I verified that the same MOBI ebook sent via email (@kindle) to a Kindle device and to the Kindle app (both iOS, Android and PC) is paginated and hyphenationed differently! On the Kindle there is no justification and hyphenation (as already known) on the apps yes. It is both justified and hyphenationed!

Stefano