Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-21-2019, 03:21 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Kindles on Sale at Amazon

The "I have no idea why" sale.

Kindle Basic -- $65
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DLPWYB7...ZAB3HKT14QRG7D

Kindle Paperwhite -- $90
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CXG6C9W...7ZZA0HDN327JP8

Kindle Oasis (previous generation) -- $175
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XD5YCKX...52N3KSQMD8K8A3
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:00 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^ Interestingly, I'm not showing any of these on sale.

Anyone else?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:09 AM   #3
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
This is what I see when I followed the link:

Amazon's
Choice
for "kindle paperwhite e-reader"
Price: $129.99
Prime Price: $89.99
or 5 monthly payments of $18.00
You Save: $40.00 (31%) as a Prime member

Notice the last line. Maybe for prime members only.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:24 AM   #4
DrD123
Connoisseur
DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The sale prices all come up for me - $64.99 for the basic, $89.99 for the paperwhite ($114.99 for the 32gb version), and $174.99 for the Oasis ($199.99 for the 32gb version) - for the Oasis it indicates it is a closeout sale, but no info on why the other two are on sale.
DrD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:29 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I get no sale prices at amazon.com. But I do see sale prices at amazon.co.uk.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:17 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
^ Interestingly, I'm not showing any of these on sale.

Anyone else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims View Post
This is what I see when I followed the link:

Amazon's
Choice
for "kindle paperwhite e-reader"
Price: $129.99
Prime Price: $89.99
or 5 monthly payments of $18.00
You Save: $40.00 (31%) as a Prime member

Notice the last line. Maybe for prime members only.
Oh, I do think I saw something about Prime membership. Sorry. We have Prime so, I guess, we automatically see these prices. It might be worth a month's worth of Prime for this sale (do they still offer free Prime for a month?).
Old 09-21-2019, 06:00 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Oh, I do think I saw something about Prime membership. Sorry. We have Prime so, I guess, we automatically see these prices. It might be worth a month's worth of Prime for this sale (do they still offer free Prime for a month?).
Amazon Prime
  • Prime Monthly -- FREE 1mo Trial
  • Prime Monthly -- $12.99/mo
  • Prime Annual --- $119.00/yr (~$9.92/mo)

• EBT/Medicaid --- $5.99/mo

• Prime Student -- FREE 6mo Trial
  • Prime Student -- $6.49/mo
  • Prime Student -- $59.00/yr (~$4.92/mo)

• Prime Video ----- $8.99/mo

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-21-2019 at 06:18 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 06:56 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon -- Kindle Unlimited -- limited time offer

Kindle Unlimited Offer -- 3 mo free trial w/ purchase of | open to new and existing subscribers
To receive your free 3 months of Kindle Unlimited:
Quote:
1. Add a new Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite or Kindle Oasis (Previous Generation - 9th) to your Shopping Cart and complete the purchase.

2. When your order ships, you will receive an email with a link to redeem this special offer.

3. Click the link and follow the instructions to start reading.
Terms and Conditions
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    • Limited time offer.
    • Offer must be redeemed within 90 days after offer email receipt is received.
    • You must purchase a new Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite or Kindle Oasis (Previous Generation - 9th) to qualify for this offer. Canceling or terminating your order may disqualify you from receiving the promotional offer.
    • Limit 1 redemption per Amazon customer account. If you purchase additional qualifying device(s) as gifts, you will receive an email with the offer and redemption instructions, which you may forward to your gift recipient to redeem.
    • Offer is only available to United States residents.
    • Use of Kindle is subject to the terms found here, and the use of Kindle Unlimited is subject to the Kindle Unlimited Terms of Use.
    • For existing monthly or free trial Kindle Unlimited subscribers who redeem this offer, automatic renewal will be temporarily suspended for the duration of the 3-month period and will automatically restart at its conclusion, unless you disable auto-renew during that 3-month period. For existing Kindle Unlimited subscribers who are on prepaid plan(s), the 3-month plan will start when your current prepaid plan(s) end, and automatic renewal will start at its conclusion unless you disable auto-renew during that 3-month period.
    • After the 3-month period, you authorize us to charge your credit card on file or another available payment method $9.99/month plus any applicable taxes until you cancel. You may cancel your subscription at any time by visiting www.amazon.com/kucentral and adjusting your settings.
    • Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. Offer may not be resold. If you cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription during the free 3-month period, a refund will not be issued.
    • If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-21-2019 at 08:16 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:02 PM   #9
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Those sale prices come up for me too and I have a Prime Membership. I had that immediate sale salivation thing going on, but I neither want nor need another ereader. Great prices though plus the free 3 month KU.

Last edited by Tarana; 09-21-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:59 PM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Those sale prices come up for me too and I have a Prime Membership. I had that immediate sale salivation thing going on, but I neither want nor need another ereader. Great prices though plus the free 3 month KU.
I know how you feel. The last thing I need now is another eReader (just got my used Kindle Voyage from Shop Goodwill yesterday) but the sale is still tempting. I just posted it here because (to me) this was an unexpected sale. I still don't know why they're having it. Maybe because Kobo is getting publicity for their new Libra?

Last edited by rcentros; 09-21-2019 at 08:02 PM.