Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-17-2016, 02:24 PM   #1
willaful
Connoisseur
willaful began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra 2
can't transfer data on Nook Touch

I'm no longer able to transfer data to my Nook Touch. The odd thing is that it still charges when I plug it in; I just never get the drive on my computer. The connection feels loose, but jiggling doesn't help.

I've tried several different charging cords, and my Kindle still transfers, so it's not a problem on the computer end.

Any ideas about a fix? The Nook is useless to me without this feature. :-( It's several years old and I never buy from B&N so I doubt they would help.
willaful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 06:04 PM   #2
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Does your Nook support a microSD card?
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:39 AM   #3
willaful
Connoisseur

Interesting question. It appears that it does. Kind of a time consuming workaround, however.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:28 AM   #4
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you change the PC or update its OS recently?

Also, FWIW some of my Samsung phones are very finicky with aftermarket non-OEM USB cords.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:22 PM   #5
willaful
Connoisseur

No, haven't updated anything. I don't even keep the wifi on, since I never buy from B&N. And I tried with my fancy kindle cord too.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:23 PM   #6
livramax
Addict

If your Nook is rooted, it is possible to copy files to/from the PC over WiFi using one of the WiFi File Transfer free apps you can get from the Google Playstore: https://play.google.com/store/search...rating=1&hl=en.

Last edited by livramax; 12-21-2016 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:44 PM   #7
willaful
Connoisseur

I really appreciate your trying to find a workaround. I think I'll probably wind up just using my other epub readers, though. A shame, because I am fond of the touch, but it's already more work.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:44 PM   #8
willaful
Connoisseur

Ha! Just as I was typing that, I was trying it again, after having powered it off. And now it works. :-)
Old 12-25-2016, 03:50 PM   #9
willaful
Connoisseur

(I had tried this before... I'm not a complete idiot! But I guess it was one of those cases where it needed to stay off for a period of time.)
Old 12-25-2016, 05:45 PM   #10
livramax
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by willaful View Post
Ha! Just as I was typing that, I was trying it again, after having powered it off. And now it works. :-)
This has happened to me -- the tablet not seen by the PC until tablet and/or the PC gets power-cycled.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:56 PM   #11
Skip Wyona
Enthusiast
Skip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmos

Device: none
My nook tablet stopped transferring files from my computer. Very frustrating. I use a Mac. I tried everything including deauthorizing my Nook and registering it again. That did not work. So I deleted my alternate method - an android transfer application (which also no longer worked with the Nook), reloaded it, and it finally worked again. The transfer app can be found here - https://www.android.com/filetransfer/. Th original Nook still does not connect to my computer but the android app now does work as long as I start the app before connecting my Nook to my computer. I am very very disappointed with B&N.
Skip Wyona is offline   Reply With Quote