20-30 19 18.45%
30-40 22 21.36%
40-50 28 27.18%
60+ 34 33.01%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2023, 10:01 AM   #91
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
You left out the 50-60 age group on your poll
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 10:04 AM   #92
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lymimi View Post
Hello guys,

I'm making a fan video inspired by kindle paperwhite, and would appreciate some feedback from you It would help me a great deal if you could answer some of the questions below for me:
-when choosing an e-reader, what made you buy kindle?
-what is your favourite feature on your kindle? (intuitive interface, how easy it is to use, the size, no glare, its weight and so on)
- are you happy with the color of your kindle? would you like one in a color that's not available on amazon?

Thank you for all your help! Have a nice day!
I originally bought my first kindle (2011-2012) because i was mad at B&N Nook customer service at the time. I would like to see a scribe in white or another color. That will be neat
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2023, 03:40 PM   #93
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
I think there are too many old people on this forum, so I voted in the 20-something category. Hooray for Tik Tok.

I love my Kindles because they seem to be easier to fix than Kobo readers. Who else owns a total of 11 or more working Kindles on Mobileread? My charging trough is like the feeding station at a cat shelter.

I do have to support both ecosystems because (a) some ebooks are available for sale in only one format, and (b) even when Kobo and Amazon carry the same title, the price difference can be 8%. This happened with the Leigh Brackett Megapack, and far be it for me to ignore small differentials in pricing. I am the king of arbitrage.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 04:13 PM   #94
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post
I do have to support both ecosystems because (a) some ebooks are available for sale in only one format, and (b) even when Kobo and Amazon carry the same title, the price difference can be 8%. This happened with the Leigh Brackett Megapack, and far be it for me to ignore small differentials in pricing. I am the king of arbitrage.
No need to support multiple ecosystems by yourself. That's what Calibre and the noDRM plugin are for. I've always bought my ebooks where they were available and cheapest, regardless of what device I ultimately read them on. The ecosystem has never played any part in my buying decisions.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 04:50 PM   #95
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post
For (b), I make use of Kobo's price match. You get the difference plus 10% of the competitor's price. So if I see the book on Kobo for $15.99 Cdn and on Amazon.ca for $13.99 Cdn, I get a credit of $3.40 Cdn making the price $12.59 Cdn. Admittedly this is store credit but it adds up over time. Just make sure to take a screenshot in case the price changes between your purchase and when customer service checks the pricing.

As for format? That's what calibre and it's plugins are for.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2023, 01:14 AM   #96
arturg
Zealot
arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (10th gen)
To me, Kindle Paperwhite 11th gen is like a Mercedes of e-readers. It just works, doesn't have bugs and it feels like a proper reader and not a toy. I don't use Amazon, I purchase epubs and convert them to Kindle with Calibre and all book look the same, proper margins and awesome readable font (Bookerly).
arturg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 01:23 AM   #97
arturg
Zealot
arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (10th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
From my personal experience, most people in their twenties either read on their phones and tablets, or prefer paper books.
I have noticed that they prefer audio books.
arturg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feedback/ideas/input?, kindle, paperwhite