Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-27-2014, 05:43 PM   #16
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Don't forget Doctor River Song!

I wish they'd do more with her story
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:57 PM   #17
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I'm sure they will. They've thrown out too many clues and teasers for that not to happen - surely?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2014, 06:16 PM   #18
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Hello Sweetie...spoilers!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Oh no, I won't. Thanks.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I'm sure they will. They've thrown out too many clues and teasers for that not to happen - surely?
Spoiler:

Hello Sweetie...spoilers! Please tell me that you remember me!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:04 PM   #19
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:

yeah, well that's old news there
Quote:
Spoiler:

Hello Sweetie...spoilers! Please tell me that you remember me!

Old 02-27-2014, 09:36 PM   #20
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Kind of a joke...

Quote:
yeah, well that's old news there
...of course it is, it wasn't really a spoiler, but I put it in a spoiler to emphasize what River always says in response to certain questions. Kind of a joke, if you will.

Advert
Old 03-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #21
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've seen a some episodes of Doctor Who and everyone seems raving about it. I was planning to watch it when I learned the series was not just long, but it ran for years, having the doctor change appearances or reincarnate/whatever. Series that went on for years seem to be impossible to catch up on, especially if you're only doing it on your free time!

Should I watch from the beginning of the show? (More important question, is it worth it?)
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:58 PM   #22
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool is it worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin2412 View Post
I've seen a some episodes of Doctor Who and everyone seems raving about it. I was planning to watch it when I learned the series was not just long, but it ran for years, having the doctor change appearances or reincarnate/whatever. Series that went on for years seem to be impossible to catch up on, especially if you're only doing it on your free time!

Should I watch from the beginning of the show? (More important question, is it worth it?)
That's an extremely personal choice. Try a few episodes and you'll either want to see more or you won't. Personally, I began watching it in 2005 when Christopher Eccleston was the doctor. I watched it through most of most of the David Tennant period. Just recently I came back and watched (as re-runs) the Matt Smith episodes. Before 2005 I saw a few (very few) of the shows with various actors as the doctor.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #23
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Used to watch the old shows on PBS in the 80s (mostly Tom Baker), and then started watching again with the Eccleston reboot of the series. Have kept up with it since then but feel it started getting really stupid about half way into the Matt Smith era. Does anyone else agree? Maybe it will get better again with the new Doctor coming on. Tennant was my fave.

Pet peeve: It's Doctor Who not Dr. Who!
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:04 PM   #24
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I liked both Eccleston and Tennant. Smith is a comedic genius and his skills would be best put elsewhere. also including Rory in everything got old
Old 03-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #25
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
That's an extremely personal choice. Try a few episodes and you'll either want to see more or you won't. Personally, I began watching it in 2005 when Christopher Eccleston was the doctor. I watched it through most of most of the David Tennant period. Just recently I came back and watched (as re-runs) the Matt Smith episodes. Before 2005 I saw a few (very few) of the shows with various actors as the doctor.

Thank you. I liked the David Tennant one, and because of some friends, I was made to watch the ending of the Tennant one with them. At the time I was largely confused. Okay, and a bit intrigued. But the length of the series is jaw-drop-worthy though. That was the time I thought not to go into it.

But now I decided to start with the David Tennant one. Hopefully it won't be all jumbled up in my head.

ETA. I've watched a few scenes of the new one (or is it old?) with Amy Pond in them, the girl is gorgeous. I like her.

Last edited by Lin2412; 03-06-2014 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Amy Pond needs to be mentioned
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:30 PM   #26
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin2412 View Post
Thank you. I liked the David Tennant one, and because of some friends, I was made to watch the ending of the Tennant one with them. At the time I was largely confused. Okay, and a bit intrigued. But the length of the series is jaw-drop-worthy though. That was the time I thought not to go into it.

But now I decided to start with the David Tennant one. Hopefully it won't be all jumbled up in my head.

ETA. I've watched a few scenes of the new one (or is it old?) with Amy Pond in them, the girl is gorgeous. I like her.
You're talking about the Matt Smith episodes, which just ended. Amy Pond was introduced at the same time as David Tenant left and Matt Smith took over as the re-generated Doctor. Now after 3 seasons Matt Smith's doctor has re-generated into Peter Capaldi.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #27
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
If you only ever watch one Doctor Who episode, it should be "Blink." One of the best. And I do hope we get to see more of River Song. I love her character… and her awesome hair.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:24 PM   #28
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
I started watching "Doctor Who" with the Peter Cushing movie that I saw in High School. Although it's not canon, it's based on the story of the First Doctor's meeting with the Daleks. Instead of the Time Lord we're familiar with, it featured a human scientist named Dr. Who. Still, it got my attention.

My first introduction proper into the series was during the 1970s with the Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker) and I was immediately a fan. I eventually saw all of the classic Doctors in action except for the First (William Hartnell) and Second (Patrick Troughton) since they didn't run their episodes on television where I was living. Of all of the Classic Doctors, the Sixth Doctor (Colin Baker) is my favorite. The movie featuring The Eighth Doctor got my interest back into the series and it was unfortunate that the series didn't continue.

When the series returned with The Ninth Doctor (Christopher Eccleston) I was interested again and found him to be an outstanding Doctor and a great one to resume the series. I haven't seen much of The Tenth Doctor (David Tennant) (yet) but I like what I've seen and ditto the way Matt Smith has taken on the role as The Eleventh Doctor. For me both "The Day Of The Doctor" and "The Time Of The Doctor" were outstanding and left me wanting more.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:29 PM   #29
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
Used to watch the old shows on PBS in the 80s (mostly Tom Baker), and then started watching again with the Eccleston reboot of the series. Have kept up with it since then but feel it started getting really stupid about half way into the Matt Smith era. Does anyone else agree? Maybe it will get better again with the new Doctor coming on. Tennant was my fave.

Pet peeve: It's Doctor Who not Dr. Who!
I'm looking forward to the next Doctor. I hope he turns out to be a more intense character on the line of The Ninth Doctor but I will wait and see. One thing that I expect is that even what we see of him at the beginning won't indicate where he will end up. As an example, the way The Seventh Doctor began didn't give you a clue of what kind of Doctor he would end up as.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:55 PM   #30
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

there were movies?