Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-17-2020, 12:44 PM   #2101
Cacofiend
Cacofiend began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Then you most likely borked the MRPI install itself and/or you have a broken/incomplete bridge. Reboot, install the latest JB hotfix, reinstall MRPI, reboot.

Sidebar: You said you had a PW2?

Spot the mistake yet? ^^.
I tried the correct file now (Update_linkss_0.25.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_k t3_koa2_pw4_kt4.bin), and same result.

What's a latest JB hotfix? I also tried replacing the kual's .azw file, no effect. Then tried replacing mrinstaller - not sure I did this right, I just deleted old files from /extensions/ and dropped in new files.

Rebooted every time. Nothing changed.
Cacofiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:49 PM   #2102
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Cacofiend: Read the "Open Sesame" sticky for some context about the hotfix ("surviving updates" or whatever I called that §). The actual update package is in the JailBreak archive.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2020, 12:49 PM   #2103
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacofiend View Post
I tried the correct file now (Update_linkss_0.25.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_k t3_koa2_pw4_kt4.bin), and same result.

What's a latest JB hotfix? I also tried replacing the kual's .azw file, no effect. Then tried replacing mrinstaller - not sure I did this right, I just deleted old files from /extensions/ and dropped in new files.

Rebooted every time. Nothing changed.
You say you are on the latest firmware version. What is the version number?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:58 PM   #2104
Cacofiend

Just tried Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.16.N_install.bin, it seemed to install, but didn't change anything.

I'm running on firmware version 5.12.2 (3569620025)
Old 07-17-2020, 01:03 PM   #2105
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Just tried Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.16.N_install.bin, it seemed to install, but didn't change anything.

I'm running on firmware version 5.12.2 (3569620025)
You are trying to use the kindlet KUAL. kindlet was last supported in 5.8.x; you need to switch to the booklet version.
Advert
Old 07-17-2020, 01:14 PM   #2106
Cacofiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
You are trying to use the kindlet KUAL. kindlet was last supported in 5.8.x; you need to switch to the booklet version.
Ok, I tried doing that, but the problem is to install the booklet kual ;log mrpi has to work, but it doesn't. It just searches for this string.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:27 PM   #2107
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ok, I tried doing that, but the problem is to install the booklet kual ;log mrpi has to work, but it doesn't. It just searches for this string.
Have you tried this thread?
Restore ;log command for 5.12.* firmware
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325477
Old 07-17-2020, 01:32 PM   #2108
Cacofiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Have you tried this thread?
Restore ;log command for 5.12.* firmware
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325477
It says "This will work if and only if recent jailbreak hotfix was installed before the update.", which is not my case.

Is it safe to still try it?
Old 07-17-2020, 01:40 PM   #2109
Cacofiend

Looking at the emergency.sh, it looks like it just modifies debug_cmds.json.

I'm assuming it's not safe to do on devices that didn't have the hotfix because of some slight file differences? In that case, is it possible for me to somehow connect to kindle via ssh and do this manually or something?
Old 07-17-2020, 01:42 PM   #2110
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It says "This will work if and only if recent jailbreak hotfix was installed before the update.", which is not my case.

Is it safe to still try it?
I don't know. I have avoided anything > 5.9.x like the plague.

You're going to have to read all of that thread and all the threads of people having trouble with 5.12.x. Some of them eventually got everything working.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:15 PM   #2111
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You just mentioned having installed the hotfix successfully? Do double-check the update process final status. Failure vs. success is pretty obvious (IIRC, there's a giant checkmark or a giant warning sign).

And reboot after that. *twice*.

I still think you've just botched the MRPI install .
Old 07-17-2020, 02:18 PM   #2112
Cacofiend

Quote:
You just mentioned having installed the hotfix successfully? Do double-check the update process final status. Failure vs. success is pretty obvious (IIRC, there's a giant checkmark or a giant warning sign).
There was neither. I hit "update", the screen goes blank for 15 seconds, then blinks a couple of times in the next 30 or so seconds and then the device just booted normally.

The entire process didn't look like a normal reboot at all, and since everything was fine afterwards, I assumed that meant the update went fine.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:04 PM   #2113
NiLuJe
BLAM!

That's... not how an OTA behaves.

Try again.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:06 PM   #2114
Cacofiend

Quote:
That's... not how an OTA behaves.

Try again.
007 this time. I likely missed it the first time it happened, it only displayed for a couple seconds.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:20 PM   #2115
NiLuJe
BLAM!

That's... still not how an OTA behaves .

007 usually means it has rebooted and launched the full updater. That's not good.

The OTA updater doesn't reboot, and fails w/ U00N errors.

(Or at least it used to).

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified