Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-24-2020, 06:07 AM   #316
bachvarov
bachvarov began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook Touch HD3
Kobo Libra H2O

I can not completely uninstall the koreader, I uninstalled kfmon using the tgz uninstall file and then deleted all the related folders.However in the Kobo menu where the Koreader line used to be, now i have a Config Error. How do i remove that? Reset did not help it is still there.
bachvarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:03 PM   #317
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@bachvarov: That's because the KFMon uninstaller will uninstall... KFMon .

That leaves NickelMenu, which you can uninstall by creating a file named .adds/nm/uninstall

If, on the other hand, you want to keep NM and just remove the broken menu entry (I'm, err, no quite sure how you managed to end up with a parsing error, though), just remove .adds/nm/koreader
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2020, 11:46 AM   #318
Larsterno
Larsterno began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Refresh main Kobo library?

Hi, thanks for this, the installer and software work very smoothly.

I'm curious if there's a way to force a refresh of the Kobo library (the "Processing New Content") function when a book has been added via Calibre. At the moment I'm mainly using KO Reader for the wireless file transfer capabilities (which is awesome!), but was planning on using the regular Kobo library software.

I find that if I transfer a file wirelessly it appears in KOReader, but it won't appear in Kobo until I've plugged in the cable > Connected > disconnected > and that will then trigger a processing (where it will now appear.) That kind of defies the point of the wireless transfer though.

Is this expected behaviour? Do you know if there's any way to trigger the 'processing' function without using a cable?

Thanks!
Larsterno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 01:10 PM   #319
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Larsterno: It is via NickelMenu (which is bundled here).

c.f., the rescan_books family of actions, in particular.

(Because, yes, this is the expected behavior ).

EDIT: If you're not actually using KOReader to read, I'd recommend looking into @shermp's Kobo UNCaGED, which is currently being revamped to make this very workflow less cumbersome .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-25-2020 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-25-2020, 02:43 PM   #320
bachvarov
bachvarov began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook Touch HD3
thanks a lot.
bachvarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2020, 09:04 AM   #321
Caryssia
Caryssia began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hey. Uhm, I made a really stupid mistake that most likely bricked my newly bought kobo Forma and I'm pretty embarrassed about my stupidity...

Anyway, I unpacked my Forma today, copied KSM onto it and everything worked fine. Afterward, I had the glorious idea to just skim over your initial post and missing the part where you explicitly stated that this method is nothing for people that already installed KSM on their e-Readers. Long story short, I used your script to install KOReader and now my reader is in a death cycle of displaying the KSM menu (where I can only "select" menu items but nothing happens afterward, and I didn't set up wifi, etc. before executing your script) and a couple of seconds later the message "Please handle your update files!". When pressing the power button for 30sec, the reader reboots and the cycle starts anew.

Do you have any idea how I could reset the reader or mount it on my PC?

I'm sorry for the rather incoherent rambling, I'm currently feeling a mix of embarrassment and panic...
Caryssia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:27 AM   #322
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryssia View Post
Hey. Uhm, I made a really stupid mistake that most likely bricked my newly bought kobo Forma and I'm pretty embarrassed about my stupidity...

Anyway, I unpacked my Forma today, copied KSM onto it and everything worked fine. Afterward, I had the glorious idea to just skim over your initial post and missing the part where you explicitly stated that this method is nothing for people that already installed KSM on their e-Readers. Long story short, I used your script to install KOReader and now my reader is in a death cycle of displaying the KSM menu (where I can only "select" menu items but nothing happens afterward, and I didn't set up wifi, etc. before executing your script) and a couple of seconds later the message "Please handle your update files!". When pressing the power button for 30sec, the reader reboots and the cycle starts anew.

Do you have any idea how I could reset the reader or mount it on my PC?

I'm sorry for the rather incoherent rambling, I'm currently feeling a mix of embarrassment and panic...
You have to hold the power button while it's off (i.e. hold it down to turn it off, wait a bit, hold it down again for 30s).
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:48 AM   #323
Caryssia

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
You have to hold the power button while it's off (i.e. hold it down to turn it off, wait a bit, hold it down again for 30s).
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I tried all possible combinations of holding the off button to just turn the device off. Thing is, as soon as the screen flashes after holding it, the reader reboots and the described cycled starts again.
Old 05-26-2020, 11:06 AM   #324
Caryssia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryssia View Post
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I tried all possible combinations of holding the off button to just turn the device off. Thing is, as soon as the screen flashes after holding it, the reader reboots and the described cycled starts again.
Oh god.. It worked after another 5 tries... I'm so glad, I could scream!
Old 05-26-2020, 11:08 AM   #325
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Sidebar: KSM is subtly broken on the Forma (even the "forma" variant of it). That "subtle" translates into an "extremely" if you mix it with basically anything else.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:12 PM   #326
brtcrt
brtcrt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Problem with the uninstall

First of all, thank you so much for uploading this package and all your work. Unfortunately, I decide to uninstall it following the steps and with the patch of KSM but it shows this entry in the menu:
Config error
could not open config dir: No such file or directory (assertion failed: (cfgdir=opendir(NM_CONFIG_DIR))) (src/config. c: 60).
I have a Kobo Clara HD, and I made a factory reset of the kobo but it still showing it.
Thank you so much.
brtcrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 02:50 PM   #327
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@brtcrt: That's a known issue that'll be taken care of automatically in the next NickelMenu/OCP release .

Right now, you need to uninstall NickelMenu manually. (c.f., the "Uninstall" bullet point in the NM FAQ.)

(Or do a real factory reset, the one triggered via button/touches during the boot process, as described in the relevant Kobo Support page for your specific device).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-29-2020 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 04:44 PM   #328
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
(Or do a real factory reset, the one triggered via button/touches during the boot process, as described in the relevant Kobo Support page for your specific device).
An alternative is to type devmodeon in the search box and then use Settings/Device information/Developer options/Factory reset your eReader. Unless they've made a change in 4.21, that still does the complete factory reset.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 06:41 PM   #329
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Right now, you need to uninstall NickelMenu manually. (c.f., the "Uninstall" bullet point in the NM FAQ.)
Just create a file named "uninstall" in .adds/nm/.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 06:58 PM   #330
NiLuJe
BLAM!

(You'll obviously have to re-create the .adds/nm directory structure first, because soft factory reset ).

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato