Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-01-2020, 07:36 AM   #1
LittleMissS
Enthusiast
LittleMissS began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre - element ncx missing

I uploaded my epub file (Word.docx converted in Calibre to ePub) to Ingram Spark.

I got he following error.

[ERROR]toc.ncx: 2,125: element "ncx" missing required attribute "version"

I assume it is to do with the TOC. What though?

Last edited by LittleMissS; 04-01-2020 at 09:00 AM.
LittleMissS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:44 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Calibre would not convert to ePub without creating an NCX ToC. What exactly did you do?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:52 AM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
That error does not say that the ncx is missing. Is says that the version attribute is missing from the ncx element.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:31 AM   #4
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissS View Post
I uploaded my epub file (Word.docx converted in Calibre to ePub) to Ingram Spark.

Did you output your epub as epub version 3? If so then open your epub in the calibre editor and under tools click Table of Contents then Edit Table of Contents then OK you will now have a toc.ncx.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-04-01 10-29-58.png
Views:	108
Size:	291.6 KB
ID:	178054Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-04-01 10-30-27.png
Views:	110
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	178053
JSWolf you are incorrect if you have epub3 ticked for your epub version then calibre does not create a toc,ncx.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-04-01 10-27-48.png
Views:	116
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	178052
bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:31 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
That error does not say that the ncx is missing. Is says that the version attribute is missing from the ncx element.
Yes you are correct. I obviously didn't properly read the error message.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:35 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissS View Post

There should be a line in the toc.ncx file, the second line from your error message, which looks like this:

Code:
<ncx xmlns="http://www.daisy.org/z3986/2005/ncx/" version="2005-1" xml:lang="en">
The error message suggests the bolded text is missing from your epub.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote