Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Portable Audio/Video

Notices

Old 12-11-2004, 11:32 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Teac's new MP-2000 5Gb MP3-player

Teac seems to become serious in entering the lucrative mobile MP3-player market. Only a few months ago we reported on the Teac MP-1000 player. Now with considerably more storage capacity than its predecessor, the MP-2000 can boost with a 5Gb mini harddrive, MP3-, WMA- and OGG-support, built-in FM tuner, and voice-recording capability. Specs:

- 128 x 128 display
- 18hrs playback time
- dimension: 85 x 48 x 17 mm
- weight: 70 grams

The player has already hit the stores in Europe and is available for EUR 259.00 (link).
Old 03-28-2005, 12:47 PM   #2
mauro
mauro began at the beginning.

MP-2000

I bought one last week and it works just fine for 3 days. Now the screen freeze at Power On.
TEAC do not has an office in Brasil. Since last Fryday I'm trying support from the European offices without an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Teac seems to become serious in entering the lucrative mobile MP3-player market. Only a few months ago we reported on the Teac MP-1000 player. Now with considerably more storage capacity than its predecessor, the MP-2000 can boost with a 5Gb mini harddrive, MP3-, WMA- and OGG-support, built-in FM tuner, and voice-recording capability. Specs:

- 128 x 128 display
- 18hrs playback time
- dimension: 85 x 48 x 17 mm
- weight: 70 grams

The player has already hit the stores in Europe and is available for EUR 259.00 (link).
Old 03-28-2005, 07:18 PM   #3
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
This looks like a good product. I hope you get your issues resolved soon mauro. Hopefully you were just unlucky. If something like this is going to break down, it usually does it in the first few weeks of use, so that's worth considering (which is why I very rarely take extended warrantees on stuff I buy - it hasn't bitten me yet :P ).

Craig.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:27 AM   #4
mauro

Not yet

Not yet!

I sent e-mails for support and no answer until now.
Mean time I have 299 USD freeze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnett
This looks like a good product. I hope you get your issues resolved soon mauro. Hopefully you were just unlucky. If something like this is going to break down, it usually does it in the first few weeks of use, so that's worth considering (which is why I very rarely take extended warrantees on stuff I buy - it hasn't bitten me yet :P ).

Craig.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:58 AM   #5
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks for the update mauro. I hope you get results soon. Let us know.

Craig.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:57 AM   #6
mauro

No solution

I already sent messages to all Teac distributors, including the main one in Germany and also to the headquarters in Japan.
No one answer with any solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnett
Thanks for the update mauro. I hope you get results soon. Let us know.

Craig.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:46 AM   #7
fejack
Eclectic one-life stander
fejack began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 8550
Hi, I bought a TEAC MP-2000 two weeks ago. The playlist editor for Windows does not install. Could someone be kind enough to mail me a sample TEAC playlist file? I think I can figure out how to generate it manually. Thanks!
Old 07-25-2005, 04:41 AM   #8
fejack

Thanks to Mauro, I was able to figure out that TEAC adopted the Winamp playlist format.

In case it may turn useful, here's how one can create playlists for the TEAC MP-2000 using Winamp and notepad:

1. Connect the MP-2000 with the USB.
2. Add all the files you want from you MP-2000 to the Winamp playlist editor.
3. Save the playlist.
*EASY HACKING*
4. Open the .M3U playlist file with notepad.
5. Perform a "search and replace" function. Replace by nothing (" ") your MP-2000 drive allocation letter (should be D:, E:, F: or anything similar).
6. Put the modified .M3U file in the PLAYLIST folder on the MP-2000.
7. Use the TEAC file browser to open playlists and voilà!
Old 12-15-2005, 11:36 AM   #9
Unregistered
Nameless Being

hi there,

is it possible if someone could copy 'n paste a snippet of a .m3u playlist here? i have a mac and via an online script i can convert an itunes xml playlist into a .m3u. but those don't work since i have to find & replace the path with something the teac understands, or that it at least points to the right files. any help is appreciated! cheers!

Old 05-23-2006, 09:58 AM   #10
fejack

Sample Winamp playlist

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:186,Abba - Money, money, money
\MYMUSIC\secular\abba\crazy world\money, money, money.mp3
#EXTINF:293,Abba - The name of the game
\MYMUSIC\secular\abba\i wonder (departure)\the name of the game.mp3
#EXTINF:246,Abba - Take a chance on me