Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2006, 11:41 PM   #1
valkyriesound
Connoisseur
valkyriesound doesn't littervalkyriesound doesn't litter

RTF Title author info?

I've got a bunch of RTF that don't have Title and author info that will display on the reader. Each file does have the title and author in the filename. Is there a good tool that can take the info from the filename and add it to the RTF title and author info? Otherwise doing each by hand is going to take a VERY long time.

Thanks!
valkyriesound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:09 AM   #2
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Are you aware that you can do this with an individual RTF file by opening it in MS Word, selecting File-Properties and entering title and author there? Or are you just looking for a batch program?
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2006, 06:54 AM   #3
rcs1000
Gadget freak
rcs1000 began at the beginning.

Alternatively, use my little "Gutenburg Converter" app from the bottom of this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8388 . It'll convert any txt to rtf, and allow you to set author, title, font, etc.etc.

Cheers, Robert
rcs1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:15 AM   #4
valkyriesound
Connoisseur
valkyriesound doesn't littervalkyriesound doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele
Are you aware that you can do this with an individual RTF file by opening it in MS Word, selecting File-Properties and entering title and author there? Or are you just looking for a batch program?
Yeah... I can to that... but I have hundreds of files. I need a batch program.
valkyriesound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:41 PM   #5
gdxf
Enthusiast
gdxf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
You can try to use macros in Word to batch process the rtf files, making their titles equal to file names. See my post here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8215
gdxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2010, 05:03 PM   #6
Trester
Trester began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyriesound View Post
I've got a bunch of RTF that don't have Title and author info that will display on the reader. Each file does have the title and author in the filename. Is there a good tool that can take the info from the filename and add it to the RTF title and author info? Otherwise doing each by hand is going to take a VERY long time.

Thanks!
Like the original poster, I have hundreds of RTF files that I would like to modify the author and title fields based on the filename. Due to the number of files, modifying them individually, or using WORD macros is simply not an option. I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and am still unable to find a program that will permit batch editing.

Would sure appreciate any leads on any potential programs that perform batch editing, or other ideas.

Thanks
Trester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:05 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyriesound View Post
Calibre will do what you want. You would have to add your files to Calibre with the Read metadata only from filename option checked (under preferences add/save) and use the regular expression that matches your file names. The default regex handles a filename title - author, but that can be changed. If you need help check the Calibre forum.

When the books are added use Calibre to send them to your device.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-30-2010 at 11:25 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:28 AM   #8
Trester
Trester began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Calibre will do what you want. You would have to add your files to Calibre with the Read metadata only from filename option checked (under preferences add/save) and use the regular expression that matches your file names. The default regex handles a filename title - author, but that can be changed. If you need help check the Calibre forum.

When the books are added use Calibre to send them to your device.

Worked like a charm. Thank you.
Trester is offline   Reply With Quote