Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-05-2008, 11:14 PM   #1
chrissy
Enthusiast
chrissy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chrissy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chrissy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chrissy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Borders Stores - 10% Discount on Sony Reader - Coupon Expires 12/31

I used this coupon to get 10% off a Sony PRS-700 at Borders today -- http://f.chtah.com/i/9/276579820/birthdaycoupondec.html
15% Off the Regular Price of One Item
One coupon per purchase, per customer. Discount on electronics and video games is 10%. Excludes previous and online purchases, gift cards, periodicals, comics, special orders not in stock, and shipping. May not be combined with other coupons or discounts. Original coupon must be redeemed at time of purchase. Void if copied, transferred and where prohibited by law. Any other use constitutes fraud. Cash value .01¢. Not redeemable for cash. Valid only in U.S. Borders stores now through 12/31/08.
The cashier initially didn't think the coupon could be applied towards the Reader, had the manager take a look at it, then finally got the go-ahead to manually apply a 10% discount to the purchase.

It's not much of a discount, I know, but sure beats paying full price plus sales tax for the Reader. Hope this comes in handy for someone else!

Last edited by chrissy; 12-05-2008 at 11:18 PM.
chrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
jbloudg20
Connoisseur
jbloudg20 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900 & K2i
Thanks I'm gonna give it a shot today on my 700.
jbloudg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2008, 11:56 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
When the PRS-500 first came out, Borders would not allow a discounted price for the Reader. It stated this on the coupon. However, this was the Borders near where I lived in Cincinnati, Ohio.

It's good they're offering a discount. If I was in the U.S., I could pick up the PRS-700 for about $360., an excellent price.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
Zorker
Zorker began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Does anyone happen to know if Borders carries the 505 in blue? They only show silver on their web site and I was thinking of running out tomorrow to pick one up with this deal.

Oddly enough Dr. I'm in the Cincinnati area. I'll be visiting the Borders in Crestview Hills, KY. Not sure when you left the area, but it's only been there a couple of years I think.
Zorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:53 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
When I bought my 505 at Borders, the display was silver. The case only had blue.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2008, 12:43 AM   #6
Gurrchan
:|
Gurrchan doesn't litterGurrchan doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505RC
Although the deal isn't as hot as it used to be, I think buying via eBay with the Live.com Cashback is a sweeter deal on almost everything electronic.

I purchased my red Sony Reader for $274 from Datavision (Authorized Reseller, so I do have warranty). Free shipping and no tax. At the time, Live CB was at 30%, so in the end, I got a brand new Sony Reader with warranty for only $191. Albeit, I do have to wait 60 days to be recredited the difference, but I think it's worth it.

For more info on the Live.com Cashback promo.

SlickDeals - eBay Live Cashback Thread

Current CB is at 8% or 15%.
Gurrchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:51 AM   #7
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorker View Post
Does anyone happen to know if Borders carries the 505 in blue? They only show silver on their web site and I was thinking of running out tomorrow to pick one up with this deal.

Oddly enough Dr. I'm in the Cincinnati area. I'll be visiting the Borders in Crestview Hills, KY. Not sure when you left the area, but it's only been there a couple of years I think.
Some do, some don't. I was at a Borders today that had the silver 505 and the 700. Oddly enough, the 505 wasn't on and wouldn't turn on. The cynic in me (which is at least 80% of me) thought it was because they didn't want it to show up the 700.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:08 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorker View Post

I left the area in Nov. of last year (13 months ago).

All the Borders had the 505, and of both colors.

There are three (3) Borders in Cincinatti.

The one I frequented (because I lived about 1 mile away) is in the Tri-County area. (Also, right across the street, if you're looking for great used books, CDs, records, etc., go to Half-Price Books. It's right across the street from Fridays.)

Cincinnati is a book and record lovers paradise. I miss it a lot...but, I left the area for a woman.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:59 AM   #9
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Cincinnati is a book and record lovers paradise. I miss it a lot...but, I left the area for a woman.

Don
Has there ever been a better reason?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:58 PM   #10
Zorker

Well, the bad news is that my local Borders did not have the blue 505 in stock (only silver & red). The good news is I went up to the Sony Style Store and they price matched Walmart.com's $269 price -essentially the same deal as the 10% coupon from Borders. My new 505 is charging now.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #11
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
That's good news, Zorker! I take that to mean you bought the "blue", then?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
nicely done, zorker !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:22 PM   #13
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
That's great, Zorker
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:05 PM   #14
Zorker

Wow, thanks for the positive comments! Oh, and sorry for sidetracking a thread.

Yes, I went with the blue. I'll post a bit more in a new thread in the 505 forum. Again, sorry for the side show!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:14 AM   #15
jbloudg20
Connoisseur
jbloudg20 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900 & K2i
Borders gave me no problem with the coupon, and gave me 15% off

The 700 was just under $350 out the door.
jbloudg20 is offline   Reply With Quote