Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-01-2017, 08:07 AM   #1
kiman
kiman began at the beginning.

Device: Plastic Logic 200c
How can I make Cool Reader do full refresh (do not working)

Hello!
I have not popular book reader with Android 2.3.6 And it have native program for reading books, but it program do not work with dictionaris. So I install Cool Reader, but it do not refresh pages, at all. I look in config and thare is string "crengine.display.full.update.interval=1", so I do not know what else to do. I try meny other apps, but them do not updates pages too.
For any halp I will be thankful.

P.S.
Sorry for my English.
kiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:14 AM   #2
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Sadly, I found no way of getting Cool Reader to force a screen refresh in Android.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2017, 09:22 AM   #3
kiman

Thank You for answer!
May be there is another book reader, that can work with dictionaries and full refreshing of screen? And work on Android 2.3.6.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:51 AM   #4
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think Alreader works on Android 1.6 and above. There is an e-ink version which (in its advanced settings) allows the user to set screen refresh rate and it works properly. It also works with some dictionary apps.

I think this Russian site may be the best place to source the eink versions of Alreader:

4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=340035

Last edited by church mouse; 09-01-2017 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Added link details
Old 09-01-2017, 11:24 AM   #5
kiman

Thank You one time more!
I tried 2 versions Alreader from official site and all versions from Russian site that you send, but they do not refreshing e ink and I can not find settings about this. If you have some any ideas, I will try them.
Advert
Old 09-01-2017, 11:55 AM   #6
church mouse
Evangelist

I will PM you with a version to test.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:06 PM   #7
church mouse
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
I will PM you with a version to test.
@kiman.

You are not set up for PM.

Depending upon which version of Alreader you have, to set Alreader properly, in Settings scroll down to "Settings Complexity" and select "Professional". Then, in "Tuning" set the eink refresh rate.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:09 PM   #8
kiman

Really, find it. Change settings (set to update all time), restarted the program, rebooted the book, - did not working... After that, I go to see settings, looks like must work, my changes to settings there is.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:10 PM   #9
Enthusiast
guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Inkbook 8
A version of cool reader with full refresh after every page (not configurable) and some other changes:
http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/690684/CR.zip
The zip contains all changed source files.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:58 PM   #10
kiman

Guest, thank You for your work, but this file does not work.

It may be because of the drivers for bookreaders. This function can be driver or model dependent.
Old 09-02-2017, 05:48 PM   #11
Enthusiast
guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

What does it exactly mean "does not work"?
Did you extract CoolReader-debug.apk from CR.zip?
Did you uninstall the previous version of cool reader (android won't let you simply override it with the new version)?
Did you have any error massages while installing CoolReader-debug.apk?
If it was installed, did you have any error massages while running the app?
Old 09-02-2017, 06:04 PM   #12
kiman

Sorry, the file working. Full refresh does not.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:21 AM   #13
kiman

I think on my device full refresh can work only if program will use just black image for refreshing, but not device specific command in programming code.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:03 PM   #14
Enthusiast

The version I've uploaded does almost exactly that, but instead of displaying black image it displays the inverted image. So it's a pure software refresh.
If you don't see blinking after changing the page, the only reason I can think of is that the device knows that it is slow and simply skips some images. The workaround may be adding a delay between displaying the inverted and real image. You have the source code so you can experiment with this. In the file ReaderView.java:
- line 184 displays inverted image
- lines 185-189 will display the real image. If you change post(Runnable) to postDelayed(Runnable, long milliseconds) it should work even if some images are skipped, as long as the delay is sufficient.
This is how the result should look like:
http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/690833/cr.mp4
Obviously with the delay it will be slower (but I'm guessing it may be faster on carta screen. the screen on the video is pearl).
Old 09-03-2017, 06:07 PM   #15
kiman

Guest, first of all, thank you very mach for your help!
I do not have experience with compilation CR or apk. Can you say what I need to do, send me little how to? Because I even do not see readme.txt in the directory with sources.

Also, video file not work, It is 7kb size: