Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-16-2017, 01:33 PM   #1
Italapas
Italapas began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
pronouncing dictionary for andriod?

Is there something out there I can install on an Android device that can be used to pronounce words when reading ebooks? Hoping to find something so that if my kiddo runs across a word she's not sure about, she could tap it and it would say the word for her. She knows a lot more words verbally than she's sure about in "print".
Italapas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:49 PM   #2
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italapas View Post
Is there something out there I can install on an Android device that can be used to pronounce words when reading ebooks? Hoping to find something so that if my kiddo runs across a word she's not sure about, she could tap it and it would say the word for her. She knows a lot more words verbally than she's sure about in "print".
Yes.

For example Dictionary - Merriam-Webster app

https://www.amazon.com/Merriam-Webst...dp/B006DJ2JSI/

Product features

Synonyms and antonyms
Voice search feature
Example sentences
Audio pronunciations
Word of the Day

I assume you have to copy/ paste from the reading app to the dictionary app
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2017, 04:06 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Android forum. Please ask questions in the forum appropriate to the topic.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote