Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 02:29 AM   #826
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
Noted, thanks.
But do a check if the book is part of a collection as you can brick the reader until you get it back to the computer. I did once delete a book that was part of a collection and when I accessed the collection, I bricked the reader until I was able to hook the 505 to the computer and sort out the problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:30 AM   #827
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm hoping to release an update in the next month or so. Stay tuned
What is going to be in the update?
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 09:53 AM   #828
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But do a check if the book is part of a collection as you can brick the reader until you get it back to the computer. I did once delete a book that was part of a collection and when I accessed the collection, I bricked the reader until I was able to hook the 505 to the computer and sort out the problem.
Ouch, thanks for the warning.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:25 PM   #829
Valwit
Enthusiast
Valwit began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Inkpad3Pro
Quote:
did you copy or move the book?
Valwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #830
kimah
kimah began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Hello...while I have been lurking around here for quite some time this is my first post. I finally got up the courage to try the PRScustumizer after reading the entire thread on it and thinking I would ok.

I had firmware version 1.1.01.25200. which was not supported so I did option 7 to try and reload the firmware from sony to 1.1.00.18040. I followed all of the instructions on sony's site. My reader was fully charged. But now I have been stuck on "installing new software" for around 3 hours.

What do I do now? Shouldnt have messed around with it since I have never had any problems until now. And I was in the middle of a REALLY good book too.

thanks in advance for any help!!
K.
kimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #831
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimah View Post
I had firmware version 1.1.01.25200. which was not supported so I did option 7 to try and reload the firmware from sony to 1.1.00.18040.
This is where you messed up.

First unbrick. Search this thread or the wiki for directions.

Use Sony's updater to put your firmware to US default. Porkupan's repackaging makes this much easier:

http://projects.mobileread.com/reade...%20Special.exe

Once you are at US default, everything should work OK.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #832
kimah

Quote:
This is where you messed up.

First unbrick. Search this thread or the wiki for directions.

Use Sony's updater to put your firmware to US default. Porkupan's repackaging makes this much easier:

http://projects.mobileread.com/reade...%20Special.exe

Once you are at US default, everything should work OK.

Everything is working now! I was in pure panic mode. The custom logo I made cuts off my last name. So I will eventually need to go back and start over to correct that. But for now its just fine.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #833
kimah

sorry, another question. I have read through this thread trying to see how to re-do the personal logo. I just want to be certain I understand...I cant handle another evening like I had last night!!

I have made the changes I want to the personal logo and have it on my SD card. Do I just insert the card to the reader and reflash or do I have to start completely over with the firmware again?

Thank you for your patience
Old 02-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #834
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimah View Post
sorry, another question. I have read through this thread trying to see how to re-do the personal logo. I just want to be certain I understand...I cant handle another evening like I had last night!!

I have made the changes I want to the personal logo and have it on my SD card. Do I just insert the card to the reader and reflash or do I have to start completely over with the firmware again?

Thank you for your patience
Just reflash.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #835
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valwit View Post
did you copy or move the book?
I deleted the book. But because the collection could not find the book, it locked. So really, moving is not a good idea unless it also handles removing the book from the collection as well.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:15 AM   #836
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I deleted the book. But because the collection could not find the book, it locked. So really, moving is not a good idea unless it also handles removing the book from the collection as well.
I just finished reading the Dresden Files. After I finished each book I just deleted the book from the collection. I was able to open the collection each time with no problem.

I am now down to only one book remaining in the collection. I think if I remove this last book I might run into what you are referring to, trying to open a collection with no books in it.

Heck with it I'm going to delete it. Now the collection says No book. When I click on the Dresden Files with no books in it I get a collection opened with no books in it.

For the record I am currently using PRS+

Oh well another Sony PRS-505 mystery.

Update: just to be sure I shut my reader down then started it back up. I then went back into the empty Dresden Files collection without error.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-2-22.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	46114   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-2-22_0.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	46115  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-22-2010 at 12:24 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #837
PaladinBL
Enthusiast
PaladinBL began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I hope that PRSCustomizer will give me possibility to see letters č-ć-š-đ-ž (serbian, croatian, bosnian latin letters) from windows-1250 and UTF-8 in EPUB books, because now I have these letters only in LRF, but in EPUB I get question mark instead. PRSCustomizer stated "Unicode fonts with Cyrillic/Eastern European Support" so I hope that will solve this problem. Can I expect that? Did I understand well what will that feature do?

But as I stated this (č-ć-š-đ-ž) are not cyrillic letters, they are latin.

I just want to see them in EPUB, like I see them in LRF. Is that what PRSCustomizer can do?
PaladinBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #838
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaladinBL View Post
I hope that PRSCustomizer will give me possibility to see letters č-ć-š-đ-ž (serbian, croatian, bosnian latin letters) from windows-1250 and UTF-8 in EPUB books, because now I have these letters only in LRF, but in EPUB I get question mark instead. PRSCustomizer stated "Unicode fonts with Cyrillic/Eastern European Support" so I hope that will solve this problem. Can I expect that? Did I understand well what will that feature do?

But as I stated this (č-ć-š-đ-ž) are not cyrillic letters, they are latin.

I just want to see them in EPUB, like I see them in LRF. Is that what PRSCustomizer can do?
You'll have to try it out. I added the Unicode fonts at user request; no complaints in the last year Personally, I don't use them and wouldn't know Serbian from Montenegrin. Perhaps someone else can chime in...
Old 03-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #839
PaladinBL
Enthusiast
PaladinBL began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
You'll have to try it out.
Probably will do
And if something gone wrong deinstalling PRSCustomizer is done by simple flash with offical 1.1.00.18040 firmware by executing his installer from windows while PRS-505 is connected via USB?

Quote:
and wouldn't know Serbian from Montenegrin. Perhaps someone else can chime in...
There is no difference. Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian, Montegrian are the same, it is the same language with very small differences, they all use č-ć-š-đ-ž latin letters. Only difference is that Serbian have also cyrillic version, they use latin and cyrillic. I am here interested in latin version.

And how LRF looks fine with all letters and EPUB don't? They don't use the same font in PRS-505?
PaladinBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:43 PM   #840
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaladinBL View Post
Probably will do
And if something gone wrong deinstalling PRSCustomizer is done by simple flash with offical 1.1.00.18040 firmware by executing his installer from windows while PRS-505 is connected via USB?
Yes. For font advice look up Valloric: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28447