Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
eng.tarekeisa
Enthusiast
eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: papaer white
paperwhite 5.4.0

hi all
I need to read pdf in new paperwhite amazon freely like

in this they used a new system duokan to control pdf
I need to control pdf by duokan system or by other

I searched alot but I didn't find away in new papaerwhite 5.4.0
Is there any method to read pdf freely and control fonts like .mobi ??
thx

Last edited by twobob; 10-30-2013 at 05:07 PM.
eng.tarekeisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
if this is a PW2 question...

You will need a serial connection and plenty of time...
prepare to rip apart your device.

Assuming you could handle that. Then yes.
Otherwise. No.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
If yes, I'm not sure if Duokan would run out of the box...

If ever a pure-software jailbreak fro the PW2 is found, I'm sure Duokan will copy it to their software without asking. So either do the manual work (experience needed!) as twobob said - or wait, maybe even forever.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
eng.tarekeisa
Enthusiast
eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
if this is a PW2 question...

You will need a serial connection and plenty of time...
prepare to rip apart your device.

Assuming you could handle that. Then yes.
Otherwise. No.
yes it is a question about how I read PDF in second generation papaerwhite .

you said serial connection .
Do you have a video to explain this ??

and should I unpack the device ??
Old 10-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you bought the Kindle specifically as a PDF reader, I think you made a mistake in doing so. No eInk device with a 6" screen makes a good PDF reader, although some are less bad than others.

Most PDFs are formatted for an A4/Letter page size, so a large (10") tablet is the ideal reader for them. An iPad with the "Goodreader" app makes a superb PDF reader, although obviously it's rather more expensive than a PW.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you bought the Kindle specifically as a PDF reader, I think you made a mistake in doing so. No eInk device with a 6" screen makes a good PDF reader, although some are less bad than others.
With Koreader installed and reflow ON, even with technical pdf, Kindle IS a nice PDF reader instead. Great reflowing algorithm, you should give it a try.

But now PW2 isn't jailbreakable, so...

Last edited by Aeris; 10-23-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
With Koreader installed and reflow ON, even with technical pdf, Kindle became a nice PDF reader instead. Great reflowing algorithm.
Reflowing works fine with text - where it tends to have problems is with PDFs with non-textual content such as graphs and equations. That's why my personal preference is to read PDFs on my iPad, where I can read pages in their original size without the need for reflow.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:

Most PDFs are formatted for an A4/Letter page size, so a large (10") tablet is the ideal reader for them. An iPad with the "Goodreader" app makes a superb PDF reader, although obviously it's rather more expensive than a PW.
Man, you gotta improve your shopping skills:

Kindle Paperwhite, Gen 2, Wifi Only, No ads: 139usd

Apple iPad with Retina Display MD510LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black) 150usd (plus shipping).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Where can you buy a 3rd gen iPad for $150?
Old 10-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Where can you buy a 3rd gen iPad for $150?
Factory direct.
If ten USA people PM me, I'll import a 10 pc lot.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #11
Aeris
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Reflowing works fine with text - where it tends to have problems is with PDFs with non-textual content such as graphs and equations. That's why my personal preference is to read PDFs on my iPad, where I can read pages in their original size without the need for reflow.
Harry, you are talkin about Duokan maybe... Try Koreader! I'm studing "University Physics and Moder Physics" on it: graph, formula are reflowed beautifully.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #12
eng.tarekeisa
Enthusiast

HarryT
I need to watch youtube video which I show it
you will see they guy with duokman system control pdf .
but that pdf which you can copy and paste words not scanned by scanner .
Old 10-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #13
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by eng.tarekeisa View Post
you said serial connection .
Do you have a video to explain this ??

and should I unpack the device ??
No video available, lots of technical skill required.

Do not unpack the device, return it.
The Gen(2) Paperwhite is not the device you want for this job.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
Harry, you are talkin about Duokan maybe... Try Koreader! I'm studing "University Physics and Moder Physics" on it: graph, formula are reflowed beautifully.
I'm not talking about any specific product - just my previous frustration with trying to read technical PDFs on many different small-screen devices, which is why I now use an iPad for the job instead. I'm very pleased to hear that "Koreader" does handle the task well.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #15
Aeris

I understand, had same frustation fro loooong time too...