Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #1
terifili
Enthusiast
terifili doesn't litterterifili doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
I really wanted to love my Kobo...

I bought my white Kobo when they first came out....

The pretty blue button became "detached" about a month ago.

So Kobo was nice enough to send me a box right away to return it and get a new one. I got it within 3 days! Another original white Kobo. Great Customer Service!

BUT

The new one has a couple black lines, only when you turn on the Kobo (push power button). AND, I feel like the blue button is already starting to come away from the device.

I am so sad...
My friends who have the original black Kobo, do not have this problem with the button... this is odd to me!

terifili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:57 AM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Have you told Kobo about your friend's with the origninal Kobo as compared to you? This is helpful info to the company means that there is something in the model that is causing trouble in the button so they can go out looking for the problem if they know there is a high probablity that they will find something wrong.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
terifili
Enthusiast

Just did...
Old 12-11-2010, 12:38 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
We are a two whit Kobo, one black Kobo family and have, so far,not had a problem. I do wonder if there was a bad batch, and your store happened to get them. Fortunately, manufacturer's defects are covered for a year. It's hard to believe that the Kobo reader is still quite a bit shy of a year old.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #5
terifili
Enthusiast

1st one from store, 2nd one shipped to me from elsewhere...

I do realize defects are covered by year warranty... but how many times will I need to send it back? I have a feeling after that year mark, people's Kobos' will be desperate for fixin'!

Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 01:16 PM   #6
ModReader
Kobo
ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Wifi
I had to go through 3 replacements before I got my current one. No problems so far. (Except firmware bugs)
ModReader is offline   Reply With Quote